Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommended bike shop/servicing in the Nottingham area
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’m looking to get my wheels trued during the Christmas break and am looking for bike shop recommendations. Having always done my own servicing I don’t know which of the local shops are any good. I’m based in Beesdton but am happy to travel for a good shop.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Langdale lightweigths seem to have a good reputation for wheel building, although I’ve not used them personally. Last wheel that leisure Lakes built for me was shocking. It was round and true but so unbalanced it was silly.

The shop I used to work in farmed wheel building out to a chap called Pete who started working for Cycle Inn/Sid Standards. No idea if he’s still doing it though. Never had any trouble with his builds be that was before I became really anal about wheel building.

Got some free time over christmas? Get a spoke key and the wheelpro book.

geoffj

Bunneys is OK

longstuff
    Free Member

Go and talk to Kev at Sid Standard (if you can work out how to get over the tram works!) or Leisure Lakes in breaston

alexpalacefan

I’d avoid Sherwood Pines Cyles, I had some pretty poor service from them when looking for some wheel truing earlier this year.

APF

schmiken

I’m pretty handy with building wheels and based in Loughborough. Feel free to talk to coopersport1, everyone or rascal of this parish if you want a review 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommended bike shop/servicing in the Nottingham area’ is closed to new replies.