Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recommendations needed for new MTB…..
  • dee2hig
    Free Member

I find myself with an unexpected year-end bonus, the desire to buy a new bike, but can’t find one that hits the spot – please help!

I currently ride an aluminium Engine Lab, full-suss, which I love, but find I’ve outgrown it’s DH capabilities. It has a 120mm fork and weighs in at just under 12kg. I’m looking for something light (max 13-13.2kg), as I do a good bit of riding in the alps, fairly slack (around 66o), and with 150-160mm fork travel. Ideally I prefer aluminum over carbon, but I can’t find anything in the weight range. Also, I’d like it to be pretty (so many have been beaten with the ugly stick). My fav right now is the 2017 Norco Sight 7, but it weighs in around 13.5kg – a bit heavier than I’d like.

Any suggestions???

crashrash

I know its steel but rather good and great write ups = Cotic Rocket. With the right kit you will be on weight. And the frames are quality. Plus they will demo do you can try it out first.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Giant Trance, or Remedy for more beef, but I’d be looking at the Rose Uncle Jimbo (you can demote and configure to your liking) or the Vitus Sommet. Actually, Bird Aeris would do it too

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations needed for new MTB…..’ is closed to new replies.