Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations for self-catering accommodation in Sardinia?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend nice self-catering accommodation in Sardinia (1 bedroom to sleep 2) – there are lots there, but too much to choose from.

Looking for £400/week either in Cagliari or in the south of the island.

Any tips also welcomed from seasoned travelers!

Dr_Bakes

linky

I stayed here in April. Oligiastra is up on the east coast but not a million miles from Cagliari. It wasn't self catering but I think they also have an apartment which is? I think I'm safe to assume you're a biker (!) in which case there are many options, the website will tell you more. The MTB trails are a bit hit and miss but one descent to Cala Luna was awesome and all natural. This area is also great for hiking, climbing, sea kayaking and road biking and there is a frequent and pretty reliable bus service from Cagliari. I think it took about 3.5 hours.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks Dr, but [unfortunately] it's a holiday with the GF; a week of books, markets, cooking, eating and wine 🙂

Will check the link out anyway…

DavidB
    Free Member

Second Dr_Bakes They do have a nice apartment in small seaside village

Dr_Bakes

Commiserations! 😉

If it's markets you're after then that part of the island is probably not for you. That said we were there in the off-season and a lot of places were closed. I only briefly passed through Calgliari but my brother (who lives there) says a lot of good things about it. If I speak to him soon I'll ask and post anything of use.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Ah if you wouldn't mind! Could you also ask him if there are any areas of the town to avoid?

We are thinking of getting a town apartment (we fly into Cagliari airport) and renting a scooter instead of a car to get to the beaches and other towns.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I know its not the south (north ish coast)

But we stayed here http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/italy/IT870.htm a couple of years ago.

Stunning views, very clean nice pool, beautiful and quiet (secluded location no other houses etc near by), tennis court. When we were there the other villa was empty, nice beaches about 30mins drive away. It was the most relaxing, good value holiday I have ever had!

PeterHerold
    Free Member

are any areas of the town to avoid?

Sant'Elia. We got our bikes, locked up, stolen from Calamosca beach 20 years ago.

We are thinking of getting a town apartment

We suggest people look at the Region's site Sardegna Turismo in English since it's a not-for-payment site which lists businesses with the official authorisations. However, it gave an error when I tried to find apartments in Cagliari, maybe on this Bank Holiday weekend they are doing maintenance on the site.

Cagliari is a nice city, we often go there and have lots of friends there(we are the people mentioned above). It's the nearest airport to us. cheers Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for self-catering accommodation in Sardinia?’ is closed to new replies.