Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend to me an internet service provider
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Had it with talk talk. Internet and phone down, no information even though they said I’d get a text update within an hour. Want one where I can actually speak to a human and nothing connected with Rupert Murdoch and not virgin either. Thanks

jam-bo

Zen but it’s not the cheapest…

one_bad_mofo

Second vote for Zen. Great customer service.

sharkbait
    Free Member

+3

jimw
    Free Member

If it helps (possibly not) vodafone is not one I’d recommend

jon_n
    Free Member

uno.net.uk 🙂

canopy
    Free Member

also had it with talktalk.

moved to plusnet, great service, and its faster and more stable. 🙂

Cougar

DSL or FTTC?

Have a look at the ADSL checker on http://www.samknows.com . Pick one of those. Anything not on that list is BT Wholesale resold and will be an identical product to anything else not on that list.

jon_n
    Free Member

Anything not on that list is BT Wholesale resold and will be an identical product to anything else not on that list.

The ‘hard’ product (ie. the physical speed of your connection, where it’s terminated etc) will be the same, but the ‘soft’ product (level of service, support etc) can be wildly different.

Cougar

Yes, very true. Sorry, I meant to say that but got sidetracked and it got lost somewhere in my BRANE.

timber

Chose Origin here purely on price and UK based.
    Certainly doesn’t seem a ‘cheaper’ service than BT. Just paying line rental and about £3 for a call package with unlimited, no traffic shaping broadband. They do fibre stuff too. The standard wifi box has as good a range as the old home hub 4.

avdave2

My parents are on Plusnet and have never had any issues. I set it up for them and they were easy to deal with and it’s easy to talk to a human being if you need to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend to me an internet service provider’ is closed to new replies.