Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Recommend me…a new deodorant!
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Bit of a slow friday so recommend me a new deodorant that doesn’t make you smell like a teenage boy!
    I’m also bitterly disappointed with my previous deodorant because, despite the clear advertising, neither myself nor the lovely girl in the local store suddenly found ourselves in our undies getting all “animal”-like. Meh.

shreck
    Free Member

Wtf!

thebone
    Free Member

pitrok

deft
    Free Member

I got a free thing of Nivea Silver Protect t’other day. I’ve not tried it yet, but I’ll support the theory of marketing and suggest it to you anyway

brakes
    Free Member

Sure for Women – Cotton Fresh

v10
    Free Member

My missus buys mine. She currently likes an Adidas one in a gold can?? Perhaps she wants me to smell like a teenage boy 😕

rj
    Free Member

Mitchums. You only need to put it on once every 6 weeks or something like that and it doesn’t smell of much. Really works, too. It’s a bit like covering your pits with PVA.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just learn to wash properly. Deodorant’s only purpose is to mask the smell of your stinking unwashed body 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Sanex roll on.

Good stuff, and always seems to be on offer.

Flaperon

I was also taken in by the Nivea Silver Protect marketing – although I’ve been reliably informed that I don’t pong so presumably it’s worked.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I saw a documentary last year saying that in recent years a higher than expected number of breast tumours were in the upper, outer quadrant (near the arm pits), suggesting that underarm deodorants might be implicated. Admittedly, I have no breasts, but I’ve not used a deodorant since – I just wash instead…

Sandwich

SFB you do have breast tissue just a rather small amount of it. Unless you’ve gone all moobalicious 😮

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB you do have breast tissue just a rather small amount of it. Unless you’ve gone all moobalicious

yes I know, but I shall resist the temptation to post the pic of my hairy chest again to establish my moobaliciousness :o)

ourkidsam
    Free Member

As above, get Mitchum. Keeps you dry and doesn’t smell of anything.

Then get a decent aftershave/EDT/whatever for tha ladeez

Bimbler
    Free Member

+1 for Mitchums

GrahamS

Amazing the number of people who make it to adulthood with apparently no idea about the difference between a deodorant and and antiperspirant.

The former makes you smell nice. The latter absorbs sweat.

I quite like the Charles Worthington “Results” deodorant.

Though I frequently just use antiperspirant (Nivea or Sure are nice neutral smells) and a spray of aftershave (Boss Energise).

GrahamS

Admittedly, I have no breasts, but I’ve not used a deodorant since – I just wash instead…

In my working life I’ve had the privilege of sitting next to many people who have proclaimed that the don’t need deo/aftershave/body spray/antiperspirant because they wash every day and new sweat doesn’t smell anyway.

Every single one of them stunk.

You may not do sfb, but two important facts: 1) women have a far more acute sense of smell than men, 2) you will be the last person to notice if you smell.

tomzo
    Free Member

nivea silver here. Not too strong a smell and have never smelt of BO.

tom’s deodrant is also quite good, though not quite as effective or lnog lasting imo.

Agree with GrahamS, those who never use deodrant beacuse they say the dont need it, always smell, and the smell of sweaty BO, especially in a warm office is disgusting. There are so many natural choices of deodrants out there aswell so everyone is caterd for….smelly people…

cinnamon_girl

Agree with recommendation for Mitcham’s. I use it but then I only “glow” and the good thing is that it doesn’t leave white marks on your stealth black clothing 8)

Agree with GrahamS about ladies having a keen sense of smell so on that note ditch those revolting aftershaves. They are not necessary
    🙂

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I will pop to le supermarche later and take my pick. Then I’ll put some on, go for a long, sweaty ride and see how little I stink afterwards. A fair test I think.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i use a fragrance free antiperspirant roll-on so as not to create conflict with my fragrance of choice, which obviously is selected to complement any particular social occasion or time of day.

aP
    Free Member
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I just opened by new deoderant .. same brand just pick any one (can’t be bothered to smell them all) .. well I will from now on .. this stinks of old ladies and wee!! it is vile ……… why oh why would you create that “fragrance” … I smell better when I come home sweaty from the gym!

andrew
    Free Member

Patchouli.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Went for the Mitchum stuff as it was on offer. Smells good, not too strong, not like old ladies’ wee, and not like a teenage boy. Cheers.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

1) women have a far more acute sense of smell than men, 2) you will be the last person to notice if you smell.

agreed, but the women who’ve let me sleep with them say they like my smell :o)

GrahamS

That’ll be the chloroform. 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

That’ll be the chloroform.

that’s not kind 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

I agree, chloroform would be a terrible deodorant.

zaskar
    Free Member

Brut and Hugo Boss?

Calvin klein gets top marks.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

anyone remember Victory-V’s when they used to have chloroform in them ? Triptastic!!

GrahamS

Yup. Calvin Klien: Very popular with the homosexuals.

konabunny
    Free Member

“Amazing the number of people who make it to adulthood with apparently no idea about the difference between a deodorant and and antiperspirant.

The former makes you smell nice. The latter absorbs sweat.”

I thought the latter blocks your pores.

konabunny
    Free Member

Aerosol? 😀

showerman
    Free Member

http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/ works good on feet and your bum on an alday ride as well

woodsman
    Free Member

I very rarely use deoderant, I have some Tom’s which I have used from time to time. I prefer my women au-natural too!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me…a new deodorant!’ is closed to new replies.