Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me Zesty 727 shock upgrade (monarch rt3 tune?)
  • goyawave
    Free Member

I have the 727 frame as a warranty replacement for my 2012 714 and consequently I’m using the RP2 shock from the old frame. For info I am also using x fusion sweep forks at 160mm so the bike is more Spicy than Zesty.

It is ok on my bike with pro pedal on for climbing but I blow through the travel quickly for the correct sag setting, like on my old bike, and the rebound is set low and becomes harsh through rocky sections.

So I am thinking about a shock upgrade although I am slightly sceptical!

I am looking at the rockshox monarch rt3 as this is what comes with the zesty or spicy but not in EI guise. The non EI uses Fox which is also mega bucks! I am looking at the Monarch rt3 debonair which I believe comes with M/M tune only.

Does anyone know what they ‘lapierre specific tune’ is for the 2014 Spicy/Zesty?? Assuming it is not M/M , will I have to factor in a retune from Loco or similar???

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2013 zesty and went from an rp2 (stock) to a custom tuned loco rp23 BV kashima that was good but even with the volume reducers fitted it still blew threw it’s travel. After speaking to TF I fitted a 2014 monarch plus in M and M tune and it’s been great. Really just does it’s job perfectly holds up in the travel and even on (huge for me) 4 foot drops in didn’t feel out of it’s depth. After years of fox forks and shocks I’ve now gone monarch and new pike fork and will never go back to fox

maxtorque

CCBD air, in either “inline” or vanilla (piggyback) flavour. Job Jobbed!

goyawave
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Sorry for late response but I’m on a campsite! Anyway, not sure that piggy back shocks fit the new frames. I was sold on a ccdb air inline but just read about weight restrictions!!! So might be back to the Monarch Debonair.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me Zesty 727 shock upgrade (monarch rt3 tune?)’ is closed to new replies.