Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some waterproof shorts for 50 quid-ish
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Had a pair of Scott Paclite shorts that were great but used them till they dropped apart. Need something similar not so bothered about breathability just need to keep me dry.

z1ppy

Shorts or 3/4’s?

3/4’s XX-L bargain?

Shorts

Otherwise I’d suggest digging a little deeper and spending the £62 on Attach 3/4’s… or try the cheap and cheerful army surplus goretex trouser cut down and stitched up (sounds horrible to me, I prefer my shorts to fit).

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Are the attacks good? Xx L too big for me will they go over pads ok?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conan257
    Free Member

Military gore-tex chopped off at the knee’s. Wear some lycra shorts underneath and I doubt you’ll find better!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yes my Attack shorts fitted pads under fine and if you shop around you will find them at a bargain price- I also recommend getting the braces with them so no faffage with them sliding down over lycra bib shorts!
    I managed to get some Attack 3/4’s for ridiculous cheap price and they too will take knee pads with ease.

timc
    Free Member

Better or Better VFM? Im sure you could get a better cut pretty easily…

Ill tell you what not to get, Endura Superlite Waterproof Shorts, just not that good imo.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are the attacks good? Xx L too big for me will they go over pads ok?

They go over Fox Launch kneepads for me, which are on the bulky side.

After killing a series of waterproof shorts – which all failed at the seams – I’m trying not to use them on saddles with raised stitching any more.

Attacks are about the best compromise on price/quality IMO, got my current pair for £35 I think.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

will they go over pads ok?

I have some Altura semi-dry 3/4s, which are good and which I can get my pads under, but I have had some knee pain both times I wore them with pads so think they may be holding to pads down on my knees and causing problems.

The pads are only lightweight TL KG5400s.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Are the attacks good?

The sizing is unpredictable and they are poorly made.

I’ve sent 2 pairs back under warranty – never again.

rudedog
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    Are the attacks good?
    The sizing is unpredictable and they are poorly made.

I’ve sent 2 pairs back under warranty – never again.

I’m just about to send a 4 month old pair back because the attachment point of the braces has started to rip – its reinforced horizontally, not vertically as you’d expect and therefore seems to be a bit of a design flaw.

Northwind

I’m a big fan of the Attacks, got 3 pairs (plus some 3/4s for commuting). One’s worn out- they’re ancient. Another I just put a hole in while crashing, that’s OK. But they’re waterproof (apart from the holes in the end, dur), they’re tough, and they’re… well, just like shorts really. Also, this is really important, they don’t need careful care- just standard machine washing. Shorts that you can’t chuck in the wash are good for nothing.

I’ll be buying another pair to replace the worn out set.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some waterproof shorts for 50 quid-ish’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts