Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some waterproof shorts
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Please. Must be fully waterproof, not just splashproof.
    Have heard mixed reviews of the Endura Superlight ones. But is there anything else out there? Altura?

Thanks

z1ppy

Altura Attack 3/4 for me, though I’ve not tried any others to compare against. They were on offer at merlin, so not stupidly expensive like some of the alternative, & have been replaced once under warranty.
    They wore though the seat but then the area I live in is very sandy so the wear was not surprising, but they replaced them quickly.
    I like them for winter riding, as even though they’re supposedly breathable, they’re very warm in use & anything that warms the knees in winter is good.

iainc

I also have the Altura’s – pretty good, but weird sizing. I am a 33/34 waist and have the Medium’s which are a bit big on the waist. I got the braces to go with them, which help, but if worn with a Camelbak the braces get stuck and pull the loop off the back of the shorts – wife and needle and thread to the rescue 🙂

Going to try a pair of the Madison Tempest ones at LBS later

tonyd

Gore Alp-X. Nicely fitted, lightweight, breathable, very waterproof. Expensive but worth it IMO. I used them all through last winter on a 1 hour each way commute, 3 days per week, and they were great.

clubber
    Free Member

I have Altura Attacks and they seem good – I’ve had them for at least a couple of years, probably more and they seem to be holding up pretty well.

fathomer

I’ve got Endura Superlite for when it’s really wet, no complaints and not overly expensive.

julioflo
    Free Member

Not sure if budget can stretch to the Gore’s. Will look into the Altura’s though. The Madison ones don’t look as tough…

cazum
    Free Member

Madison Tempest got them and love them

mauja
    Free Member

See if you can find somewhere that still has stock of the Scott Helium ones.

I’ve got these and some Gore Alp-X ones, not much in it, both are made from Gore-Tex but the Scott’s were less than half the price and they seem just as well made.

avdave2

I have the Altura Attack 3/4’s which have seen 3 winters of off road commuting and have held up pretty well. I’ve also got the Semidry’s which actually get more use now. Most of the time it’s not actually raining and it’s only the puddles and wet mud you need to fend off. They dry very quickly if it does rain too.

pmcclure
    Free Member

I bought a pair of army surplus goretex trousers from ebay less than £20.00. Got the missus to cut them down and sew up the hem.

An example

iainc

Well I just bought a pair of the Madison Tempest ones. Similar quality to the Altura and a better fit, although the medium is still quite big.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some waterproof shorts’ is closed to new replies.