Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Best waterproof shorts-that really work
  • snakebite
    Free Member

Had eVent 3/4s and Endura shorts anything else peeps recommend that actually work?

Northwind

Altura Attacks. Obviously water can still get in the big holes in the end but they do a brilliant job, and aren’t fussy about care either, just stick ’em in the washing machine on 30.

snakebite
    Free Member

Googles best choice as well. 🙂

Conan257
    Free Member

Military gore-tex cut off at the knee’s. Bargain and work perfectly well.

jez1984
    Free Member

+1 for the Altura Attacks ive got a pair of normal and a pair of 3/4 and both have lasted well even if ive not treated them too well.

chaos

What’s the fit like?
    30″ waist and skinny legs so a lot of baggy shorts look, well, ridiculously baggy on me.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

]Conan257 – Member
    POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO #

+1

doof_doof
    Free Member

Not Altura Attacks. 2 pairs (2nd were warranty repalcements) delaminated in the arse after a few months.

ads678

With the ex army gore text jobbies, would you go a size smaller as they are actually over trousers?? Thinking of getting some for the commute.

Garry_Lager

With the ex army gore text jobbies, would you go a size smaller as they are actually over trousers?? Thinking of getting some for the commute.

I might do mate, yes. Army cutdowns are pretty good, had em out tonight on a filthy ride. Problem is they’re overtrousers so don’t have a fit as such, and can work their way down on a ride. Well worth owning a pair though, given the cost. Need to work a sewing machine (or ask your mam) to get the cut off seam done.

Like the attacks, but the aris don’t last IME. Nice fit for me, worth picking up in a sale if you can.

ads678

Cheers GL, reckon i’ll get a pair, i’ll be wearing tights underneath so don’t mind them being a bit snug.

dh
    Free Member

well i think there was a review of shorts that mentioned the waterproofing of some in a certain magazine recently…

i’ve ordered the gore fusion ones from evens for £40, hope they are ok.

brakes
    Free Member

sorry to resurrect and old thread but rather than create a new one….
    I refuse to pay £40+ for waterproof shorts just because they’re bike specific.
    where can I get some new army surplus goretex trouser to cut down? and can you get them not in camoflague?

rOcKeTdOg

Conan257 – Member

+1 actually +2 as i have a 3/4 pair too, both cost £17 delivered

brakes
    Free Member

where from?

Aidan
    Free Member

I use Gore ones now, but when I looked into it, I found some RAF waterproof trousers that were plain blue rather than camo. Lots of shops if you just look for general army surplus stores.

Candodavid
    Free Member

eBay for army goretex

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Army goretex for me aswell, Ive had mine years and just hose them down after every ride

bamboo
    Free Member

Not goretex, but I got some cheapo (less than £10) hi gear over trousers from go outdoors and cut them off at the knee. They are a bit warm wearing them over my normal riding shorts in the summer, but they are no problem at all for most of the year. They pack down very small, and are black so you can avoid the camo look if that bothers you. After a ride, my shorts are nice and dry for the drive home.

hora
    Free Member

Dont buy Endura. They dont last. Pieces of shit.

BillOddie

Proper thick moto shorts, none of this lightweight waterproof nonsense!

Northwind

Just back from kinlochleven, wettest riding I’ve ever done, including one stage that was basically just a burn. Attack shorts proved their worth again- yes I got a slightly wet bum, but you’d get soaked in the first 10 feet normally, all I got was a wee bit spraying up the legs. So not just relatively dry, but no constant spraying with fresh, cold water. Mint.

singletracksurfer

Endura Mt500 work for me.

jimmy

Just back from Kinlochleven, too. Wore my newly purchsed Madison waterproof shorts (£50 rrp) on Saturday when only a dry suit would have actually kept me dry. Rinsed them in a bucket, wore again today and stayed dry underneath then rinsed in the river afterwards to clean. Also Mint.

Northwind

That’s how you test waterproofs 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Best waterproof shorts-that really work’ is closed to new replies.