Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • recommend me some techno, D n' B etc
  • turneround

having spent my formative years at places like Shelly's renaissance and the eclipse i'm well versed in the kind of electronica i love (M.A.N.D.Y, K&D,Steve Lawler etc etc) – but when it cmes to drum and base etc i need some help

Whilst testing me new phones whilst running the other day, I was blown away by a kemistry and storm CD ive had for years and never listened to. I'm sure it gave me an extre 2mph on my run!

Can anyone recommend something similar to add to my running 'playlist'. Got the puffer coming up and will need some encouragement/help at 4am

juiced
    Free Member

I have an Andy C cd and a Fabio and Grooverider cd which always make me ride harder.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I really like the old school (2001-2005) Progression Sessions that LTJ Bukem did with MC Conrad..

Some nice mellow, funky DnB..

Also Blu Mar Ten, Intense, PFM… also very, very good..

Modern DnB, the best stuff is found on Hospital Records…

chvck
    Free Member

Check out the "drum n bass arena", "barcode recordings"(you may not get on with that one, people either love it or hate it…it's not like most drum n bass – much more industrial) and "hospital records" podcasts, they should give you a good range of the modern drum n bass spectrum and an insight into artists and sub-genres you may like etc…

If you fancy some of the older stuff (95-98) then check out One in the Jungle Archive

RichPenny
    Free Member

Planet Mu do some interesting stuff in this vein, think more fun type dnb/gabba rather than serious stuff though. Have some on my ipod and it does push you up the hills! They've done some good value compilations:

Amunnition

turneround

cheers me dears…..

seriously when out running yesterday i got the goosies the likes of which i havent had since listening to a recording of an old 'starlight' rave i went to in 91!!!… Is 38 too old for DnB????

retro83
    Free Member

a member on here posted a good mix he'd done. Called 'hard as ****' or something… I remember the album artwork is Monty Burns from the simpsons.

Anybody got a link to that?

Eldrik
    Free Member

+1 for a lot of stuff on Hospital records. Check out London Elektricity, Cyantific, Logistics, Commix etc. LTJ Bukem's Logical Progression stuff from the mid '90s is also great as mentioned earlier.

DezB
    Free Member

Thinner is a great label for FREE techno downloads – http://www.thinner.cc/pages/home.php

Daniel Gardner is a good one to check out

0091paddy
    Free Member

Free live streaming on http://www.di.fm under drum & Bassm although that will vary somewhat, http://www.juno.co.uk for all your vinyl/digital needs

Few artists worth a mention:

Eye-D
    Tech Itch
    Evol Intent
    Limewax
    SPL
    Ewun
    Dylan
    Robyn Chaos
    Black Sun Empire
    Counterstrike
    DJ Hidden

TooTall
    Free Member

Go to Podrunner.com and pick a BPM you want to run to.

This little dream will help you know your sub-genres:

Electronic Music Guide

tjr666
    Free Member

hehe, some of my favourite genres of music, if you like your stuff hard as hell, check out some of the more breakcorey stuff (some already mentioned with Planet Mu) but expanding on that check out some Venetian Snares (Doll, Doll, Doll is his best in my opinion, nice n dark!) as well as some Sh*tmat, Bong-Ra and Sickboy for starting with. As for Techno, check out on google for Rob Hall, he always has a decent mix up for download, again though if you want it harder still check out some gabba!!! Deathchant is the good stuff, Hellfish, Producer, Teknoist, Dolphin, Bryan Fury etc…
    I am actually going to put together a gabba mix today, so I will post a link to it later on!!

jim
    Free Member

Another +1 for Hospital Records, lots of good stuff from them.

turneround

Thanks again folks…. major surfing and downloading will begin shortly….

turneround

oh guys, anyone want do send me some copies of choice CD's in exchange for beer tokens?? especially the LTJ Bukem's logical progression 1

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got every single LTJ Bukem CD..

Drop me a line..

mushrooms
    Free Member

more DnB mixes, and fast dl speed!

http://g-rat.co.uk/index.php?name=Downloads

the_baron
    Free Member

Some good recommendations in Good Looking and Hospital (prefer there older releases though). Also in a soulful, but slightly harder style I'd recommend Klute, Calibre, D Bridge, Commix and Marcus Intalex.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some techno, D n' B etc’ is closed to new replies.