Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend me some simple daily exercises to increase leg strength (indoors)
  • kaiser
    Free Member

please!
    a set that might take say 10 mins and give me much stronger legs (preferably without weights)
    thanks
    Bill

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Place your feet thigh-length away from a flat wall.

Lean your back against the wall.

Lower you trunk until your thighs are parrallel to the floor.

Hold for one minute.

Relax.

Repeat.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lunges with leading leg on the first stair.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hindu Squats

tonyd

Squats and lunges. Hold a can of beans/bag of sugar in each hand to add a little weight as required.

What's a Hindu squat?!

Edit: Ah:
    http://www.animal-kingdom-workouts.com/hindu-squats.html

You want to look like this?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Look at the 'body weight' stuff on here.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

IainGillam
    Free Member

single leg pistol squats. Place one leg infront of you off the floor have your arms held infront of you as a counter weight. Squat down as if sitting on the floor, touch your arse to the back of the leg you have left on the floor leaving you in a sitting position with one leg off raised out infront of you. Return to standing. This is good for working your core muscles as well as it requires quita a lot of ballence.

A quick google found this http://www.beastskills.com/Pistol.htm didn't read it but the images give you the gyst.

Iain

philconsequence
    Free Member

sex, lots of sex

_tom_
    Free Member

Squats kill my legs. I did 4 sets of 10 yesterday and I can hardly walk today 0_0

16stonepig
    Free Member

Ride a bike!

Up the stairs if it has to be indoors.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Calf raises are good for ankle and calf strength.

Stand with your heels over the end of a step so only your toes and toe end of the foot are touching the step. Raise yourself up and down in as controlled mannor as possible. Full extention and so on. I did this when recovering from tendonitis and now my calfs look like vacume packed war heads.

iDave
    Free Member

rather than static things like woppit said, do explosive squat jumps.

3 sets of 10 twice a day. hardly any time required

squat down, jump as high as you can, and repeat as soon as you land

there are other things too but i'm busy

injury bollox disclaimer etc, ZZZzzz

MrNutt
    Free Member

upside down air bicycle for 6hrs

IainGillam
    Free Member

To add to Idave's Plycometric squats, plycometric lunges are a good one: put your lead foot foward, lunge, jump up and swap your lead and trailing foot so your trailing foot now leads, land and lunge. Repeat. Or an easy one for lunges, put lead foot foward, lunge, as rising from the lunge take a step foward planting your trailing foot infront and lunge again continue to "walk" like this accross a room turn round and repeat as many sets of room crossings as required. (helps if you have a room that roughly matches an even number of full steps/lunges) Add weight to increase the difficulty of both excercises, but if using a barbell with the Plycometric lunges be careful as you don't want to land out of ballence and fall over!

Iain

Shred
    Free Member

Burpees. Best all over body exercise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some simple daily exercises to increase leg strength (indoors)’ is closed to new replies.