Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Recommend me some PC/ Xbox games
  • nicko74

After about 4 months I’ve recently finished Dark Souls, which was epic, but it’s left a bit of a hole in my gaming life.

I’m playing Batman Arkham City at the moment, and loving it, but seem to be moving through it quite quickly. And I downloaded SpaceChem on Steam this week, which is… passable. I got a fair way through Fallout New Vegas, but have fallen out of love with it a bit, despite avidly completing Fallout 3.

So, what games should I check out while I wait for the new StarCraft 2 pack? I’ve done COD, Battlefield Bad Company, not too fussed about multiplayer shooting, haven’t started Assassin’s Creed…

(not that the missus will thank you for suggesting any games – she hates all of them)

sparkyrhino

Try bioshock 1&2 good story ,good gameplay,or forza4 easy to build up a good collection of cars and passes the hours,not as good as gran tourismo but not far off.should be able to get them for a tenner a pop.

bikeytom
    Free Member

Mass Effect trilogy? You should certainly play portal if you haven’t already. I generally look to “the Escapist” website for recommendations if I’m looking for a game, they haven’t pointed me wrong yet!

tommid
    Free Member

See my xbox games for sale on the classifieds, the rugby game rocks.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Guild wars?

Dawn of war?

TF2?

Creg

Im quite enjoying Metro 2033 at the moment, its a couple of years old now but its pretty good.

Dead Space is OK, gets a bit samey but its not bad and can be picked up pretty cheap these days.

Rage is worth a look. Again its a little samey but its also cheap and passes the time.

Gribs

Batman Arkham Asylum is imo a better game than the sequel so pick that up if you haven’t already played it. Skyrim should also be played.

samuri
    Free Member

Rage is good.
    Skyrim?
    Driver San francisco. The missions are very similar but the idea is nice and the cars handle wonderfully. Nicest drift experience in any game when you’re in the mustang.
    Dirt 3 is great for a laugh.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Trials Evolution Xbox Arcade.

jon1973
    Free Member

I just got Portal 2 (for the PS3, but they do it for the XBOX/PC) – really different from everything else I have an highly addictive. Only £15 on Amazon as well.

Cougar

Portal.

Best ‘big’ game I’ve played recently is Red Dead Redemption. Loved it. Next thing I’m going to buy is probably Kingdoms of Amalur; enjoyed the demo, far more ‘fun’ than Skyrim.

Cougar

Oh,

Not played it yet but “Fez” is getting rave reviews at the moment. On XBLA I think.

nicko74

Hmmm, interesting.
    Loved Portal and Portal 2 (I thought they did a great job of subscribing to the trope that the best games don’t fill their worlds, but leave the players asking questions). Bioshock was excellent, Bioshock 2 also good. Red Dead Redemption was pretty good, although I’ve just got to Mexico and it gets a wee bit tedious. Batman AA was excellent, hence buying AC.

Dead Space I bought and had to sell – I couldn’t handle the shocks! Pathetic! Trials HD I liked, up to the difficulty ceiling, where everything suddenly got too tricky.

Still, some great suggestions there, appreciate it! 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

Forza 4

Battlefield 3

Mass Effect 1,2,3

R.U.S.E

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d second (third?) Mass Effect 1-3. The end isn’t great but it’s better than the whiny bitches on the net would have you believe.

Assassin’s Creed 2-3 (1 was a bit dull)

As far as the XBox arcade goes:
    Fez (really messes with your head)
    Super meat boy (will have you punching something/one)
    Limbo (don’t play with the lights off)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Really should play Skyrim. Try Dragon Age series as well

Creg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is worth a look if you havn’t yet played it. Can also be bought pretty cheap these days.

emsz
    Free Member

If you can find it the metal gear solid trilogy set is cool, just did the portals which were good.

Tom83

Super meat boy on xbox. Old school madness. Warning though, it can get enraging!

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Bioshock 1 & 2 are wicked games and can be got for £4 each inc. P&P off eBay. Metro 2033 is also a great game and will set you back about the same amount of moolah.

I actually played Bioshock when it first came out and I’d say it was worth the £39.99 price tag that it had so for a few quid it’s a bargain!

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Oh and Nicko74 – I absolutely filled my pants at some of the jumpy moments in Dead Space! Good game though and I got through it without having a heart attack so it’s ok.

nicko74

Hmmm…. good suggestions here, will check ’em out. I think Skyrim/ other hack’n’slash games are probably out for the moment – Dark Souls (while being less free-roaming) has given me my fill of that for a while.

But Limbo, Super Meat Boy et al are worth a punt I guess. Thanks!

flipiddy
    Free Member

There are some amazing games out, no doubt about that. Some of the recent releases have really raised the bar in terms of production and quality for me. A lot of good ones have been mentioned, but these are the ones that have rocked my world. They might do for you too…

Skyrim.. One of my fave games ever. So good my OH is hooked. And she is most def not a gamer.
    Deus ex human revolution is another good one. Nice balance of action, rpg elements and plot. Graphics are decent. Cheap too.
    Alan Wake is very original and has some great graphics. A little spooky in places, but not jump out of your skin scary like dead space. For the sake of one’s blood pressure that’s a good thing.
    The Witcher2 comes highly rated and is a visual stunner. On my wish list.
    Resident Evil 5 is great fun coop with a mate. Single player is ok, but def best played through with a friend. One of my fave coop experiences.
    Portal 2 … Just a quality game all round.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Trials Evolution looks fun!

flipiddy
    Free Member

It’s really ace! One of those ‘just one more’ games. Playing with friends is a total blast. Haven’t had that much fun since we used to play mashed (vs driving game a la micro machines – but more dirty)

Ended up in fits of giggles when someone would bail early to try and beat us to the line (its like an ejector seat) only to fall short by a hair’s breadth as we sail past to win. They end up as a humiliated twitching wreck 😉

Cougar

But Limbo, Super Meat Boy et al are worth a punt I guess. Thanks!

If you get on with these, have a look at Braid. It’s getting on a bit now, but it’s one of the best platform / puzzle games on XBLA.

Alan Wake is very original and has some great graphics. A little spooky in places, but not jump out of your skin scary

You want to try playing it when you’re called Alan. Having the same name as the protagonist really ramps up the creep factor. “Alan, behind you!” *argh*

chojin
    Free Member

No mention of Diablo III? That’s out in the next couple of weeks. Open beta is on this weekend only.

Northwind

Quite unlike what you’ve already mentioned, but Company of Heroes? Absolutely superb.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Limbo on XBLA. Engaging, atmospheric, minimalist old-ish school platform puzzler. Great if you like that sort of thing. A pleasant change from the full-on assault on the senses that a lot of other games are.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Having the same name as the protagonist really ramps up the creep factor. “Alan, behind you!” *argh*

Ha, yes, I can see how that might be a problem! 😀

No mention of Diablo III? That’s out in the next couple of weeks. Open beta is on this weekend only.

I’ve just been playing this for the last 4 hours or so. Rather enjoying it so far. Nothing new in any way shape of form, but quite a polished feel and it’s rather addictive. I think 2-3 players is a better balance than 4. Witch Doctor is probably my fave character so far.

I do wonder if it will get old within a couple of playthroughs though.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some PC/ Xbox games’ is closed to new replies.