Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • recommend me some new wheels
  • luke.ellis
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

I have 2009 trek ex8 and its time for some new wheels. The stock wheels that are on the bike just keeping buckling now after numerous big hits.

I have a trip to the alps booked in two weeks so need something i can get quick. Lost all confidence in the stock wheels to stay true for longer than a couple of rides and i dont what this to spoil my holiday. So im looking for something strong that will take the odd big hit and be good for all day rides in the lakes, peaks etc.

Budget is £300. need to be QR's

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

hope hoops look good, i would buy without question

i am using a mixture of handbuilt wheels from different places using hope and mavic's.

pro 2's sound good too

RealMan
    Free Member

hope pro IIs on whatever stans rim best suits your weight and riding.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Luke, DT5.1s on Hope ProIIs have been great for me out here. Still going strong after 3 years guiding on them! (Rear axle issues aside – won't be a problem for you on a QR).

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Whatever you get (and I'd +1 for Hope hubs) just make sure you get them from LifeCycles.

Worth every penny, and get them through their eBay shop via TopCashBack, and there's extra discount too (yes I know, I've said it all before, but it's important!) 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hope Hoops on Stan's. My personal fav being the Flow. The width without a weight penalty makes the tyres feel a lot more stable in the corners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some new wheels’ is closed to new replies.