Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some new brakes…
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Seriously contemplating a solaris when they appear.

I would obviously need new brakes. Need to keep to a strict budget so figuring £100 an end max. Better if less… 😀

Would need a 180 rotor on the front (most likely on hope hoops).

What’s worth considering ATM?

jameso

New XT – heard of leak issues but if there’s a mod / fix for that on next batch then get them, performance-wise they’re brilliant.

metalheart
    Free Member

For sub £200 Inc 180 rotor? Struggling to see new ones for that…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Rose bikes is your friend

metalheart
    Free Member

Are they not continental ‘handings’?

Plus they don’t seem to available yet…

jameso

XT are 200 a pair w/o rotors UK online. SLX from the LBS, same function?

Prev gen servowave XTs are 65 each on CRC now, they’re really great brakes.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah I guess. Initial thoughts were new slx. Priced up at £180 on merlin Inc extra rotor and mount…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Continental but if your shortening hoses just swap hoses.

I did just that. Easy job

DezB
    Free Member

Xt or SLX, not a great deal of difference

mikey74
    Free Member

You can have my Avid Code Rs for £140 if you want. They have only been used to test a bike up and down the road.

Bedds
    Free Member

I’ve got the XTs and they are very good.. Mine are leaking though, the rear was awful last week, checking the resevoir showed it was nearly empty.. not sure on the solution to this 😕

thebunk

New XTs are awesome – easy to bleed too, even for a cack handed fool like me. Sounds like the SLXs are just as good if you’re not bothered about tool free adjustable wotnots, or want to buy local.

OR for 200 squids you can buy TWO pairs of variously numbered Avid Juicy’s from me…they are loads better, honest guv not messing you around deal of the century. 😀

kentos1978
    Free Member

Formula oro? I got some brand new from the formula store for 130. 185mm front and rear.

Seem miles better then the avid juicy’s they replaced.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Loads of choice, especially with the deals currently on in Merlin and CRC..

metalheart
    Free Member

Think I’ve managed to bag me a set of 2nd hand M4’s at my price limit so considering I’ve the same on my other bikes I’m gonna go for this.

Thanks for all the offers though 😀

tetsujin
    Free Member

I have a pair of Elixir R brakes with carbon levers and 180/160 rotors (have other sizes too) which I’m looking to sell.

Email if interested – pretty much nee condition only used for about 100 miles 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

formula.
    I bought some K24s with 203/180 rotors 2 weeks ago for 130 euros.. they came with all adaptors/bolts..
    Check out the Formula store – you have to wait a few days for delivery from Italy but worth the wait.
    I can now lock the front wheel, downill at any speed, on any surface, and that is with my 17st weight behind it. in short, they are awesome.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new brakes…’ is closed to new replies.