• This topic has 43 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jonk.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Recommend me some durable cross tyres
  • sefton
    Free Member

most of your list are race tyres – I’d like a true all rounder for commuting with the odd trail or path thrown in. landcruiser but half the weight!

iainc

anyone using SB8’s ?

D0NK

just checked my strava settings and the front cxking i ran lasted ~3000miles with only a couple of flats that needed patching (one was a huge lump of swarf that nothing would have prevented) and there’s still a fair chunk of tread left on it.

mind you, strava reckons the rear wirebead I used lasted 2000, pretty sure that had a couple more flats I needed to fix tho. Hmm.

Land cruiser I currently have on the back is heavy and is pretty rubbish as soon as any amount of mud is involved. Better for tarmac heavy and/or dry routes.

jonk

I am running CX comps with stans crest rims. They work very nicely tubeless, roll on the road and have a nice shoulder for offroad. I use them at 30PSI offroad and 50 on the road. The rear only lasts 1000 miles though but at £11 each you can grumble.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some durable cross tyres’ is closed to new replies.