Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Are men lazy or do women have unrealistic housework expectations?
  • jekkyl

As per title. For example:

Wife: You haven’t cleaned the bathroom, as I we agreed!
    Husband: I’m happy with the bathroom only being cleaned once a week.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Both. Although I do have friends where the roles are reversed.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

We often see other people’s mess/dirt before we see our own. Some people never see their own.

jekkyl

Wife: You haven’t cleaned the kitchen.

Husband: just finishing this important piece of Internet surfing, the dishes aren’t going anywhere.

scotroutes

Varies. My Mrs is paranoid about bathrooms. I can’t stand a dirty kitchen when I go in to cook.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I worked hard this morning, down the gym mind.
    I get fit and ripped, wife can’t keep her hands off me, but i’m now too knackered for any funny business.
    Sometimes get the vacuum out, part of the post gym warmdown.

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t like cleaning, but as a stay at home dad/house husband it’s part of the job description..

What I’ve come to notice is that women can get 3 or 4 times more housework done than a man given the same amount of time..
    It’s incredible but not good news for me at all 🙁

Cougar

You clean the bathroom once a week? What kind of madness is this, are you stuck for something to do?

wors

You clean the bathroom once a week? What kind of madness is this, are you stuck for something to do?

+1

JAG

This is a perennial favourite in my house too!

I’m not a natural cleaner 🙄 but Mrs JAG is a mentalist natural obsessive cleaner who constantly complains that I don’t clean enough.

I’m learning to live with her disappointment in me – although I’m not sure how much longer I can do it 👿

ninfan
    Free Member

What I’ve come to notice is that women can get 3 or 4 times more housework done than a man given the same amount of time..

Cause we do the job less often but properly, eg. by moving the sofa during hoovering and emptying cupboards out to sort them – rather than a half arsed job and randomly hiding things to give a veneer of tidinessl.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Exactly. I mean why would we have the term “Spring clean” other than to indicate when the house work should be done.

binners

What is this ‘cleaning’ of which you speak. I’ve always just assumed our house cleans itself 😀

piemonster

My girlfriend is a slob. So no not really.

#phonesmumtosayimmovinghomeallofasudden

DezB
    Free Member

I clean my bathroom when it looks like it needs cleaning. I dust when I can’t walk in the house without sneezing. Is there any housework duties I’m missing there? oh yeah, vaccuuming – is done when I feel the carpet crunch under my feet.

Cougar

I really should get around to selling my vacuum cleaner. It’s just gathering dust.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m going to snitch on you to Tim Vine

deviant
    Free Member

we do the job less often but properly, eg. by moving the sofa during hoovering and emptying cupboards out to sort them – rather than a half arsed job and randomly hiding things to give a veneer of tidiness.

My other half does this, i walk in from work if she’s been a day off…house looks great, coffee table and dining table clear, sideboards in kitchen clean and clear, carpets hoovered….candles burning, those funny plug-in air fresheners on all over the house….lovely.

….then the next day i might be a day off, open a cupboard to find something and everything that had been ‘tidied’ has actually just been shoved away and falls out….go to the cupboard under the stairs with some trepidation and the contents of what looks to be the whole street’s coffee tables, sideboards and dinner table clutter is piled high in there….now i’ve started i cant stop looking and sure enough the hoovering has only been done to within an inch or so of the edges of the room…the bed, sofas etc havent been moved to hoover properly and invariably i then just wish she hadnt bothered.

My Grandfather used to say that if you couldnt shag them they’d be piled ten deep at the dump.
    I do sometimes think gays have the right idea.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

My Grandfather used to say that if you couldnt shag them they’d be piled ten deep at the dump.

Who’s your grandfather? Ed Gein?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do sometimes think gays have the right idea

Perhaps if you cleaned up properly and asked nicely she would let you put it there?

leffeboy

i find they can also generate 3 times the mess in the same time so maybe there is a reason for it

biglee1

True, when I was married my Mrs always moaned about home much housework she did, when we split and she took all her shi te with her my house was miles tidier! She had a rant once about how untidy the front bedroom was, kept my motorbike gear in there, so I went up, put the 2 jackets that were lying on the bed in a wardrobe then went and told her the rest of the junk in there was hers 😀 she wasn`t happy lol!

chickenman

I think men are lazy about housework. I also think the need to have your house so clean you can lick the toilet bowl is a sign of someone who is profoundly unhappy about their life in some sort of way…

piemonster

Perhaps if you cleaned up properly and asked nicely she would let you put it there?

😆

Harry_the_Spider

Before I was married and shared a house with two mates the bathroom floor only got cleaned when I could do this.

Now I have a 7 year old lad with a very poor aim I con do ^ every morning 🙁

benw
    Free Member

Pay for a cleaner? 1..they will do it better than you will as it’s their profession..2..you will gain more free time..3..you are giving someone a living and thus helping the economy..

66deg
    Free Member

Life at home for deviant.

fasthaggis

Jekkyl’s kitchen

MoreCashThanDash

When I lived alone I kept the house clean and tidy.

When MrsMC moved in, the house got so cluttered with “stuff” that I gave up worrying. Then we had kids …. 🙄

I do most of the ironing, hoovering, some cooking and dishes, all the gardening. She does most cooking and some cleaning. But on the rare occasions I clean, it gets done properly.

Sui
    Free Member

Women don’t clean properly, it’s all half arsed, hiding stuff or putting everything in a bin 👿

badnewz
    Free Member

Men are generally lazy when it comes to housework and women are generally motivated when it comes to nagging.

MoreCashThanDash

66deg – a gif of our plastics cupboard 😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Varies. Only lived with four women in my time but they are all different, from stupefyingly slovenly to freakishly fastidious.

My dad’s generation – men didn’t clean, women did. Often as a mark of pride. I think this has carried over a few generations in some places.

project
    Free Member

I work in many peoples homes, some when youre working are hoovering round you every bit of dust is anihalated by the dyson.

Others when we finish and tidy up, the house looks remarkably more tidier than when we arrived, thanks to a good vacumn cleaner and a hand brushing.

and quite often ax we shut the door for the final time and walk down the drive you hear the vacumn going on in the house.

But one thing stands out most women are never happy with your cleaning, one lady even hooved the drive way to get sawdust out of the block paving.

tomd
    Free Member

In our house I apparently tidy more but don’t do a very thorough job of it. She takes pride in doing it to a very high standard. Which is easy if you have two months to work up to each bout of cleaning.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Get a cleaner, saved me and MrsBouy arguing, but then MrsBouy moaned for best part of a year about “paying someone” so I stopped it for a couple of months and the place ended up in a right old mess.. Wasn’t long before our cleaner was reinstated 😆

We got a decent one in, saves time, she’s brilliant and been with us now for 5 years… Does my ironing too because I’m too lazy/can’t be arsed but leaves MrsBouys stuff because she prefers to do hers herself (fine with me)

Cleaners not allowed in my bike room though 😆

Dolcered

We part time live together either at his or mine. I gave up trying to keep his house tidy. I’m not his housekeeper. I take a turn doing the dishes etc at his. He seems oblivious to the fact we take turns, it just appears to him that sometimes they dont get done…..
    He doesn’t get that if you tidy as you go it not as bad as job, it you wait weeks on end its a nightmare, but his choice.

Duggan

I’ve lived with my g/f for about 6 years in a house we both own together. I definitely do more housework but she generally works more hours so I it’s fair enough I suppose. For sure, I am more obsessed with the house being clean than her though.

I don’t imagine there’s a male/female split along these lines these days? Just people who are more or less obsessive about cleaning.

Also, how do you define ‘housework’? I wonder if some blokes are changing lightbulbs, mowing the lawn, washing the car and then being accused of being lazy as they haven’t changed the bedding or something? Just a thought.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Are men lazy or do women have unrealistic housework expectations?’ is closed to new replies.