Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some Braces
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

…the type that hold up mountain biking shorts.

I recall seeing a thread on here agaes ago but cant find it. I have quite a few pairs of shorts that are now too big for me (honest) and i could do with a set of robust braces to keep them up.

Amy ideas and suggestions?

Ta WW

chakaping
    Free Member

i could do with a set of robust braces to keep them up.

Amy ideas and suggestions?

HTH

gaze
    Free Member

Some funky ones here

braces

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Thanks chaps that’s very helpful – much appreciated.

Think i’m looking for braces with a bit more of a robust clip for attaching to the shorts though Gaz…

jimplops

You need to look for workwear ones, possibly screwfix.

petrieboy

Subscribing as I’m also in he market for some – because my DIY trousers are a bit loose these days.

jonwe
    Free Member

Husqvarna. Bright orange. Ace and about 15 quid delivered.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seem more popular in the US, google for outdoor suspenders (as they call braces there).

I have some of these but bought from rei.com, who apparently no longer sell them. They are very good, except very occasionally the clip comes off, and sometimes the clip can dig in if you have a big rucksack or something.

I use them a lot though to hold up waterproof trousers, and some Endura waterproof shorts that slip down to the point I’m sitting on the waterproof fabric instead of the toughened arse bit.

z1ppy

Local army navy shop, an issue to warch is the jaws/clip can be too sharp & chop thru the shorts. Been using them for year as MTB short belts are crap 😉

Lummox

Picked up some Oakley snowboard braces from an outlet for my waterproof shorts. £12 well spent

duncancallum

I just got a pair from Amazon, I’ll try n find the link.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Braces’ is closed to new replies.