Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Chris Akrigg's Water Cycle – now the whole news story has disappeared!
  • lister

Just a page not found notification…

What’s happened? My guess is the National Park authorities of Brecon and Pembrokeshire have been less than happy with the film.

I live in south Pembs and when I saw the Green Bridge bit at the end my first thought was ‘I wonder how he got permission for that?’
    Maybe he didnt?

STW folk, any news please?

AlexSimon

Blimey – yes – taken down off Youtube and Vimeo.

lister

And the WalesOnline article too. Big guns are being flexed!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Videos with much MUCH smaller circulation have caused a ruckus by promoting mountain biking on trails in the Peak District that aren’t supposed to be ridden on, so this doesn’t surprise me. Combined with the fear of someone copying him and plummeting into the sea, you can well understand this litigious and fearful society we live in taking issue with the film.

Can’t deny it was impressive though…whilst it lasted 🙂

40mpg

Still on youtube? Just been watching it

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1Pxl39ncY[/video]

Edit – but yes I can see people getting the hump from him riding those locations, hardly sustainable

AlexSimon

Hardly official though is it 40mpg.
    It was on Chris’s own YouTube channel yesterday.

duffmiver
    Free Member

Not bad. Bit disappointing that he didn’t do the last jump at the end.

fooman

Cycling reservoir spillways, who could possibly object?

sideshow
    Free Member

That gully at the start wasn’t allowed either, if I identified it correctly, so BBNP might have objected.

AlexSimon

I guess his next video will be in Scotland then 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Visit Wales! It rains and we won’t let you do anything!

Great advertising. Well done.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I recognised the old trout hatchery at Llanddeusant (1:55)

Stevet1
    Free Member

Good job no-one watches BMX videos or they’d sh1t themselves.

maxtorque

I’m not really sure that a bit of erosion from the maybe 5 people in the world good enough to ride those “features” is an issue!

martinhutch

Green Bridge of Wales is on restricted access military land, not to mention an SSSI. Hopefully they got permission to visit it for filming…

cokie

Ah, come on! It was a another fantastic video by Chris & Co.
    Seems excessive to be so heavy handed. An official press release by BBNP would of been better than pulling everything without a word.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Copycat Chris does happen tho, there was a period about 8 yrs ago when he produced a number of videos which had loads around the woods and rocks at shipley glen, in one vid he actually dropped one of the big rock faces which was absolutely mental. At the same time, in those same locations, loads of trail building started springing up and badly built jumps and cleared lines started appearing all over the place. I’m convinced it was local Chris Akrigg wannabes watching his vids and then going to the same location and building, coz this is where Chris rides.

PS if anyone has a link of that big rock drop off he does at Shipley Glen, I’d be grateful thanks.

scotroutes

I believe the Inn Pin on Skye now has a “No Cycling” sign at the bottom.

shifter
    Free Member

Ace video, thanks 40mpg. Oh, and you Mr Akrigg.

DickBarton

Given he was riding in a river, was he breaking the rules as he wasn’t on a footpath? 😉

core

What bike is he on?

martinhutch

On reflection, it may be the last drone shot that is the issue. Castlemartin is a live firing range.

legend
    Free Member

core – Member

What bikewheel size is he on?

Fixed. The rest is insignificant

brant
    Free Member

Copycat Chris does happen tho, there was a period about 8 yrs ago when he produced a number of videos which had loads around the woods and rocks at shipley glen, in one vid he actually dropped one of the big rock faces which was absolutely mental. At the same time, in those same locations, loads of trail building started springing up and badly built jumps and cleared lines started appearing all over the place. I’m convinced it was local Chris Akrigg wannabes watching his vids and then going to the same location and building, coz this is where Chris rides.

PS if anyone has a link of that big rock drop off he does at Shipley Glen, I’d be grateful thanks.

I remember doing a photoshoot with Jason McRoy in the quarry at the top of Shipley Glen, as it’s where we used to ride a lot.

Then some lads built some amazing dirt jumps there.

People ride Shipley Glen. People build more now.

bikeneil
    Free Member

His Facebook has disappeared too.

DickBarton

Has the InPin not fallen now?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Brant – the quarry has always been fair game, but lads started building stuff all over.

Chris Akrigg is a bit old hat for Shipley Glen. There’s another lad who’s name I can’t recall now who hangs out on The Glen, his skills are amazing.

DickBarton

Did that quarry get used for a piece on the Lotus mountain bike and using the ‘suspension’ to help climb an obstacle? I say suspension, I can’t remember the exact frame but it was like the Lotus super bike used by Boardman for hour records…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

BA Nana – The Glen is towards the end.

He blatantly rides cheeky trails on this one

[video]http://youtu.be/zXrFAUX3tJM[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This is the video I was thinking of, a lot of people might not have seen it before, it’s fairly poor quality, but nowhere else to be found on the internet. He does the big drop at the end, the camera doesn’t do it justice.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/51486/

brant
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    Did that quarry get used for a piece on the Lotus mountain bike and using the ‘suspension’ to help climb an obstacle? I say suspension, I can’t remember the exact frame but it was like the Lotus super bike used by Boardman for hour records…
    POSTED 40 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No. That was Eldwick Moor.

bigjim

Well that’s a bit of a shame, great vid. Maybe this is what the cops mean when they say they will be focusing on cybercrime and not attending burglaries.

DickBarton

Ta

scruff
    Free Member

Thats a proper huck !

HD version while it lasts.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Still no confirmation as to why this video appears to have been nuked from orbit?

ell_tell
    Free Member

Seems like this vid is a bit…

… for some

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Seriously, who cares if you need permission to film/ride there/here. This is the best bike video I’ve seen in a year.

You wouldn’t want to be running SRAM brakes on the last scene would you?!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Well apparently his employers do 🙄

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Chris Akrigg's Water Cycle – now the whole news story has disappeared!’ is closed to new replies.