Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me some binoculars or monocular
  • onandon
    Free Member

I want some compact zoom binoculars or monocular which have a magnification range around 7-18.

I’ve been into shooting for years so appreciate good glass but really don’t want to spend £500 + on leica, zeiss etc
    After a bit of initial searching of the big brands like bushnell etc I’m guessing I’m missing out of the quality niche brands which I’m not aware of.

Any tips ,info etc? What brands to look for …..

Oh, I’d also consider a monocular if anyone can suggest a model which will do the job.

willard

If you want cheap, head to Tescon and get a pair of their own label sports/activities compact binos. Less than 10 quid and not bad quality. I bought a pair specifically for a coaching and range management course and they good enough to see well at 300m.

mav12
    Free Member

i use an opticron monocular cost about £100 exellent image quality and good low light image quality not zoom though

burko73

You’ll struggle to hold binoculars steady over about 10x mag. 8 or 10x is pretty std for bird watching/ shooting/ stalking bins. You might need a scope with stand for 18 mag.

Opticron do ok stuff. If you’re in the wye valley or are heading to the dean for a ride there’s an old converted church nr bigswier/ st braviels that do a huge range of bins and you can try outside as well. I got some unbrandedones there yrs ago that we’re good for the money £100.

http://www.monkoptics.co.uk/about_monk_optics.htm

Look a bit more expensive now but worth a ring perhaps…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some binoculars or monocular’ is closed to new replies.