Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some biking books please
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Currently reading Discovery road which i am loving, reignited my love of reading 🙂
    I am after some books on biking “adventures” – Touching the void style (i know this is climbing!!)

Whats a good read? Autobiographies are ok but would prefer accounts of trips

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Not trying to be a pain but if you use the search function this thread title seems to be weekly at the minute and you can see a huge list. Hope this helps.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

really – never seen it and i spend 99% of my free time on here!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

just ordered this from the library 🙂

dh
    Free Member

i thought this was good

around the world

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats on the list – does seem a bit of a wingeing **** tho with his “constant ailments”

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Discovery Road.

This is a good trip report on “Crazy Guy on a Bike” – he’s also written good reports from Iceland and Scotland.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=3033&v=U9

(can’t recommend any books I’m afraid).

rob-jackson
    Free Member

will give it a go – can it be downloaded? trying to get away from reading online

ton

i spent a 2 week holiday kayaking in northumberland with Andy Brown, the author of discovery road. top bloke too.

riding back from siberia is good.
    the alistair humphries book is rubbish imho
    journey to the center of the earth by the cranes is a top read

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay for all my p*** taking I don’t appear to be able to find any of them despite knowing there have been quite a few! Maybe they are all under “Kindle” threads now! I can give you autobiographies as I love them!
    David Millar -Racing through the dark. Dislike the bloke but his book is fascinating.
    Cav’s book – Boy Racer. Good read not sure how up to date it is now think it was written in 2008 or 2009!???
    Chris Hoy’s book.
    Ned Boulting – How I won the Yellow jumper. Interesting view point from an ignoramous to officionardo’s perspective.
    Laurent Fignon – When we were young and carefree.
    David Waslh -From Lance to Landis – which is quite depressing as it’s about how rife drugs is in cycling and at the end you will be convinced Lance is a druggie.
    Graham Obree – The Flying Scotsman – brilliant read.
    Tom Simpson – Put me back on my bike.
    Paul Kimmage – Rough Ride.
    Bradley Wiggins – In pursuit of glory. Fascinating about his Dad being a fantastic 6 day rider an Brad verging on being an alcoholic (like his Dad) after Athens (or was it Sydney) Olympics.
    Willy Voet – Breaking the Chain, drugs and cycling. Fascinating about Festina affair (I think was that the first one!!).

Don’t bother with “sex lies and handlebar tape” about Jacques Antequil I found it boring.

Mark Beaumont – The Man who cycled the world. He did a TV series which I found a bit annoying but you may like the book.
    Robert Penn – It’s all about the bike

Is that enough to start with? not tour but all books I’ve loved!!!

project
    Free Member

101 topics for a bike forum, is soon to be realeased in print.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some biking books please’ is closed to new replies.