Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • recommend me some bar tape
  • organic355
    Free Member

Was just going get SRAM Supercork bar tape.

Anything better/comfier at a similar price range? (£12), or should I be spending a little more?

Got gel pads to put underneath to make it a bit comfier.

LenBuch
    Free Member

Lizard Skins DSP bar tape is the business – a little more expensive but worth it. Comfort and longevity.

cp

Fizik Microtex is luuurvly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few, my oppinions are…….

Cheep’n’plasticy – crap
    Charge – OK
    Deda – good
    PRO – good
    Soma – ace, a bit like foam grips for MTB’s so might not be your cup of tea if you prefer harder grips, and certainly wouldn’t bother with gell under it.

How you wrap it makes more of a difference than the brand IME, put it on gently and thick and it’ll be soft and comfortable, really stretch it out and it’ll be hard.

LardLover
    Free Member

As already mentioned, splash out on some Lizard Skins DSP, you can find it for around £25 online. Seriously, once you try it you won’t want anything else. DSP stuff is 2.5mm thick, DSP Race stuff is 1.8mm thick.

cp

I use this video as a guide each time – works great!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhXeSJQtoWU[/video]

relliott6879
    Free Member

Cork is nice and comfy.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Liking the current Bontrager Double Gel stuff I’ve got on the bike at the moment. It’s about £12-13 too.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fizik Microtex is luuurvly.

+1, it’s a big favourite in our club. Lots of great colours, stays clean, feels great, seems really tough too. Wouldn’t bother with anything else anymore.

ourmaninthenorth

Cinelli cork every time for me.

Never understood the need for gel pads (mind you, I don’t wear gloves in summer either).

mauja
    Free Member

I really like the Prologo Double Touch bar tape, it’s thicker tape at the tops of the bars for comfort and thinner at the bottom around the drops.

I went for white, it’s looking a bit less white now but it’s lasted well.

Should be able to get it for under £15 on line if you shop around.

nedrapier

Got the Spec. Bar Phat on mine.

Comfy and feels nice. wearing well so far. It’s black, though, so I don’t know how dirty it is.

atlaz
    Free Member

Got some Deda tape for 4 quid on eBay. Very happy so far. It’s white though so it looks quite dirty already.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for Lizard Skins here. I even use it on my squash racket these days. 😳

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

easton cork bar tape is good and only £6 from CRC

warton
    Free Member

Deda, cheap off ebay, or Cinelli. Got some Lizard skins DSP stuff free from the friday swag on here. thought it was rubbish, hard to wrap, to bulky and not very comfy.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some bar tape’ is closed to new replies.