Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a cycle computer for on the turbo.
  • chip
    Free Member

I bought a elite turbo a while ago and use while watching the tele in the spare room.
    Due to very little riding this year my fitness has really gone for a burton.
    My initial thoughts were just get something cheap and wireless that just displayed milage as I could try and ride further each time. A HRM would be good too, I have a garmin chest strap and a polar chest strap also both from running watches would either be compatable.

This will primary be for the turbo as when I do get out on the mtb I have no interest in how fast or how many miles I have done as more of a leisure cyclist and rarely knock my pipe out.

My budget is £100, thanks

scruff9252

An ant+ speed / cadence sensor and a trainer road subscription. Far more useful than a computer, provided t/r will do virtual power for your Turbo (aypeised if it doesn’t tbf)

chip
    Free Member

I have an old iPhone 4s would it work with that.
    Also any recommendations for speed and cadence sensors.
    Do you need 2 one for wheel speed and one for pedal speed.

daviek

Garmin do a speed and cadence bundle, think its about £45 but you’d also need an ant+ dongle for the phone (not sure if the iPhone 4 is new enough to have ant+ built in)
    Can buy them from eBay but not sure how goes they are. I got a suunto one which is tiny and I think about £15

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you’ve got an iPhone then check out the wahoo RFLKT+. Will do the ant bridging too.

chip
    Free Member

Right I have ordered this

I have checked and my turbo is supported for virtual power.
    I do have a 6s but would prefer to use my old phone.
    Do I need anything else, also would either of my chest straps work.

chip
    Free Member

I have just bought a wahoo ant key aswell so should link my garmin strap and wahoo sensor to my old phone.
    Thanks

johnnystorm

Now sign up to trainer Road!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cycle computer for on the turbo.’ is closed to new replies.