RedThunder from Aldi a Red Bull copy (my namesake)
Explosade from Aldi Getting expensive.
Lidl did a version for a while and is quite good but dont seem to do it any more.
I to sometime get stomach cramps as well.
Going to make my own now, got the glucose today.
DIY - Energy Drink, EnerT
November 10, 2006 · 1 Comment
We all work out, we all need re-hydration, we all buy Gatorade…and you know that it’s expensive over a period of time. Yaniverse has a nice, simple, cost effective and do-it-yourself alternative to Gatorade.
Here is the gist of how.
EnerT Ingredients (32 oz or about 1 liter):
* 2 Tea Bags
* 6 level teaspoon sugar (24 grams)
* A pinch of salt (0.5 grams)
* 2 oz lemon juice (about 55 grams)
* 30 oz boiling water
* 100 calories
* 500 mg Sodium
* 60mg of Potassium (from the lemon juice)
* Caffeine varies, est 100mg-200mg caffeine (depending on the tea used and infusion duration)
* Lemon juice: $0.10
* 2 Tea Bags: $0.06
* Sugar, Salt, water, etc: negligible
Compare to 32 oz Gatorade:
* 200 calories
* 440mg Sodium
* 120mg Potassium
* No caffeine
* Cost: $1.29