Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me an Alp's XC'ish holiday.
  • dickie
    Free Member

I’m looking for an MTB holiday in the Alps but I don’t want a holiday of shuttles up & tough body armed downhill down.
    BikeVillage looks great, but is there anything else similar?

br
    Free Member

Wales or Scotland instead?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Bike Verbier
    White Room

Loads of them use the search function as loads of threads like this recently or similar

abbot
    Free Member

Hi Dickie

I’d definitely recommend taking a look at WildBike Morzine Trip

They know the area well and I expect they would be able to strike the sort of balanced route you are looking for. I’ve ridden with them in the UK and had a fantastic experience

The chap that runs it is active on here I think so I expect he can give you more info if you are interested

Trekster

I did Verbier without armour, lots of xc

Summitdown Italian Alps hols 😆
    Not been but would like to… 😆
    Slovenia? Somewhere else I have been and want to go back Not been to this area but have been to Slovenia 3 times and it is a lovely place to go

Selled
    Free Member

Two options, more on request:
    1. Zillertal Austria. more than enough routes, buy a map when you get there and do some research before with http://www.bikemap.net.
    2. Riva del Garda. Same with maps and web research.

robarnold
    Free Member

+1 for Bike Village, fantastic setting, quality people. Sounds right up your street

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

+2 for BV. and i’m only slightly biased.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

white room back country week though book fast!!!

Lift/van up/out there and ride back or to a waiting van and do more. I think they were even thinking of an overnight one. Even their classic singretrack is more ride than DH. If there are a few of you then you will probably end up in a group together anyway.

wishiwascalledsteve

Went with Mont Blanc Mount Mountain Biking (MBMB) in Chamonix around 11 years ago and had a fantastic week. Mainly XC riding, only used the lifts once, the rest of the time we rode up the mountains (shock horrer). Fantastic flowing singletrack and descents.
    Can highly recommend them

jon015
    Free Member

Would also recommend the Ride Slovenia guys. Their website looks pretty downhill orientated. But a group of us did a more xc/all mountain holiday with them last year and it was excellent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an Alp's XC'ish holiday.’ is closed to new replies.