• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aw.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a wireless bike computer
  • ssnowman
    Free Member

I’m after a couple of wireless bike computers, one for a road bike and one for an MTB.

I’m thinking of getting the Cateye micro.

Would welcome comments from users or recommendations for something else.

Thanks

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Decathlon do some nice ones. fairly cheap too.

Clicky clicky

I’ve got 2, 1 on each road bike.

EDIT faultless in over 2 years

superfli
    Free Member

i gave up on wireless comp. Went through 3, 2 sigma 1 cheap aldi. All stopped working. Am using a wired cateye enduro

stompy

Geet a Garmin Forerunner 305………. much better than cycle computers and can be had for less than £100 now

Jase
    Free Member

I preferred the Strada over the micro

ssnowman
    Free Member

I’ve had an Aldi one – total crap.

I thought Cateye would be reliable. I looked at the Strada, but it seems very small.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

been using the same sigma now for the past 4 years faultless to the point its now on its fifth bike

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I’ve had a aldi one, and a cateye one – the cateye is a million times better. Not least because it switches itself off (I’m not sure if the aldi ones still don’t do this – mine didn’t)
    GPSs are very good at this kind of thing also – but if I recall, you do have to switch them off when you stop…

I would recommend the cateye strada.

Alejandro
    Free Member

I’ve had a Cateye Strada Wireless, and a Halfords one that did the same thing for half the price. The Halfords one was a million times better, as the display on the Strada is tiny, and also the way you attach the (far too bulky) sensor to your fork leg is rather primitive – cable ties, whereas the Halfords one had a proper bracket.

aw
    Free Member

I concur about the forerunner…can swap between bikes, download GPS route, full stats including calorie burn etc, can be used with HRM, etc, etc, etc!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a wireless bike computer’ is closed to new replies.