Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me: a torque wrench
  • brooess
    Free Member

Like it says above – one I can use to build/maintain my bike(s) so needs allen key fittings.

ta

nockmeister
    Free Member

Norbar…excellent quality, quite dear…something like this

All torque wrenches have either 3/8, 1/4or 1/2 drives, which then you fit an adapter on to use with sockets etc

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Norbar SL0

zaskar
    Free Member

Do you have carbon parts?

I never known one good all round torque wrench due to the small scale of 4Nm for bars and 65Nm for lock rings on cassettes and had to buy 2.

You want one for 0-15Nm and then one for the cranks and and cassette.

Could set you back £65 each and don't forget the calibration will need setting if you use it often which can be up to £30.

Draper, Sealey and even Halfords do some good stuff.

Also check Motorcycle shops/sites for similar Nm ranges.

They all have 3/8 or 1/2 inch drive fittings and hence will fit the allen key ends.

I chose 3/8 and use 1/2 inch adapter as I found it easier to find allen key ends in 3/8 sizes rather than 1/2" but it depends which shops are near you e.g. Halfords have all allen heads on 3/8" drives.

shedfull
    Free Member

Halfords Professional are very good. I have their 3/8" drive 10 to 110NM one and I'm very happy with it. I believe they do a 1/4" drive wrench that does something like 0 to 50NM and I'll be buying that one next.

epicsteve
    Free Member

+1 for Halfords professional.

myheadsashed

+1 for the Norbar SL0

Not cheap but cheaper than replacing some carbon bars.

Jimbo
    Free Member

I believe they do a 1/4" drive wrench that does something like 0 to 50NM and I'll be buying that one next.

The smallest they do is, IIRC, a 6Nm to 50Nm, and is 3/8" drive. For the delicate stuff (carbon, low torque values) it's useless.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: a torque wrench’ is closed to new replies.