Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a tool box
  • kraken2345
    Free Member

A few months ago I picked up a cheap 15″ stanley tool box however my tool collection has quickly outgrown it. I don’t aim to have the most extensive connection just something with plenty of room for some expansion in future so I can tackle most normal jobs, whatever they may be…

Would something like this be ok or are the shelves just gimmicky?
    http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/storage/tool-boxes/halfords-professional-cantilever-tool-box

I’ve got a halfords professional socket set and like the quality, no idea on pricing but I want to avoid the whole expensive wallet, no money to put in it tooling scenario. Any suggestions would be appreciated

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

There is a PSA here (maybe in bike forum) about some Halfords tool cabinets with money off, then further money off with a code. brings the 6 drawer ones with ball bearing runners down to about £60 which is so cheap I want to buy a garage to I can have somewhere to put it.

YGH – flat dweller

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless it’s really organised you can never quickly find the ones you want so

Way more spendy but if portability is an issue I really liked using these
    http://pedros.com/products/tools/tool-kits-and-sets/master-tool-case-3-0/

km79
    Free Member

I want to buy a garage to I can have somewhere to put it.

YGH – flat dweller

What’s wrong with your living room?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Full of guitar amplifiers

kraken2345
    Free Member

I like the drawer type but need to be able to move it around easily and also don’t have a garage as I’m currently at uni. I’ll look into the pedros stuff, maybe for a cheaper alternative

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Mastercart toolbox for a good few years now…

It was a present from my dad and I was sceptical at first, thinking it’d be better to have something with more smaller trays or drawers.

However the combination of big “bins” and a tray on top in each segment works really well.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Mine’s the same as chakaping’s (but yellow and black). It works really well. I like the wheels as it must weigh 50kg, but is a suitable size for hoisting in the back of the truck to take to a bike ride.

chakaping
    Free Member

*High fives toolbox buddy*

ninfan
    Free Member

Do you know what, for practicality I don’t think you can beat one of the old metal cantilever toolboxes like that, but the quality of all the ones on the market nowadays is just so variable, and price doesn’t even seem to be a good indicator anymore, that I wouldn’t know which one to point at.

I would suspect that the Bahco or Beta ones would be of decent quality

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Very pleased with my one of these:
    SGS rolling toolbox

squirrelking
    Free Member

Halfords are doing Stanley tool boxes cheap at the moment. Also selling mid cabs free in full sets.

petefromearth

THIS is a toolbox!

CountZero

That SGS box is awesumz! I really, really think I need one of those!

johndoh
    Free Member

If you want one like the B&D one and live near Harrogate I have one you can have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tool box’ is closed to new replies.