Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a tent
  • shaley
    Free Member

I am looking for a 1 or 2 person tent that I can use while walking and bike touring.
    Ideally not that heavy, or expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations or adice on what I should be looking for?

tymbian
    Free Member

Tescodo a 2-man dome tent for £12.

No idea what it’s like but it’s £12! 😀

shaley
    Free Member

Hmm, wouldn’t want to trust a £12 tent in the “british summer”

peterfile
    Free Member

There’s a Vango Banshee 200 in the classifieds at the moment HERE (not mine!).

It’s a great wee tent, only 2kg and good value.

I was in one in Tiso at the weekend, you might not want two people in there for any significant length of time unless you are both relatively small and related/lovers/related lovers 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have the vango and its a cracking little tent. Survived a very wet welsh weekend in one without issue.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Got a Easton kilo 2 person tent on offer last year ,
    It’s very light about 1kg , just about get 2 in it but does feel a little fragile
    I’ve only used it a few times so far and not in bad weather

Other tents are all vaude and stunning quality
    But guess they are a few quid now
    My newest is 13 years old

doh
    Free Member

vango helium 100, been using one for 3+ years and has held up to some pretty bad scottish weather, packs small and just over 1kg for the 1 man a bit heavier for the 2man helium 200.
    should pick them up for 150ish brand new these days only prob is it’s not much good if you over 6ft.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Just recently picked up a Coleman bedrock 2,although its at the top of the weight limit I like,it seems like a good little tent.
    Used it at the weekend,and it was fine(no bad weather though).
    Has an entry and small porch either side,so enough room to store stuff.
    And cheap enough at £50ish.

Simon

I’ve got a little used Coleman Bedrock 2 I need to put in the classifieds.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Terra Nova Helios 2 for £108:

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/terra-helios-2-man-tent-783083?src=google

I love TN tents, pack the fabric part in a little drybag with the poles/pegs separate and it’ll be tiny in your pack or pannier. If you feel particularly fancy separate the inner and outer into dedicated smaller drybags for dryer pitching when doing a multi dayer.

Mountain Hardwear tents are brilliant too and arguably a bit more liveable than minimal without being heavy in some instances. However, unlikely to be cheaper than that beauty up there^.

Nick

Terra Nova Laser Comp 1, loads of room for one, double skinned, 1kg.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    Terra Nova Laser Comp 1, loads of room for one, double skinned, 1kg.

Yup, I’ve one of these.. Awesome bit of kit.

Also a Mountain Hardware Hammerhead which is ace for 2..

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Banshee – it is my motorbike touring/rally tent of choice. Used it all over the place in stupid weather and it has surprised me how well it has coped (and I am a lifelong believer in the posh and expensive end of the tent market, but several hundred quids worth of tent and several hundred pissedup bikers are not happy bed fellows!).

I keep planning to take mine up into the hills for some sunset/dawn photography too, but small children have put the brakes on that for the moment!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Saunders tents are worth a look for backpacking 1/2 man. Not sure if they are still going, but their tents were once good. Had one of theirs for years, also had a Macpac Microlight which was great as a light backpacking tent.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Saunders went a few years back.

Although to be honest I think the Banshee 200 is a better tent than the Spacepacker I had. Innovative it was, and ahead of it’s time – but there are much better alternatives out there now!

RichT

Banshee is good, but a squeeze if you are tall. I would also look at the new vango blade 200 as an alternative at a similar price.

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new Laser Comp for sale if you’re interested 😉

luke
    Free Member

I’ve a Banshee as well, it’s small and ideal if your on your tod, the only drawback for me is the lack of height.
    It has a 5000mm hyrdostatic head, whatever that means, but I’ve used it in all weathers and it’s been faultless, I leave the inner attached so it pitches in one, a couple of minutes to put up and take down.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Cheap, light and strong.

Choose any 2 of the above.

shaley
    Free Member

The Terra nova Helios looks great. Has anyone used one?

alexonabike

macpac minaret

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tent’ is closed to new replies.