Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a shaving brush
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Switched to shaving with a brush and proper shaving soap a couple of years ago – partly because I thought it looked cool, partly because I was fed up of cutting myself so much.

Anyway, sometime later it still definitely seems like the way forward, but my cheapy Men-u brush (from Boots) has started shedding bristles.

Any recommendations on what to replace it with?
    Some of them are silly money £200!!!!!

I don't really want to pay more than £20…

Adam

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I got a good one from the Body Shop, about £8, artifical (non pig) bristles. No sign of shedding yet.

alexxx
    Free Member
    stumpy01

Bodyshop one – wasn't much money & seems to be lasting well.

teagirl
    Free Member

Isn't badger hair the way to go? Spouse got one for around £20-25, quite some time ago, mind. Still using it tho'…

alexxx
    Free Member

yup mines badger hair, i love badgers 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Badger lover here as well!

Finally after 6 months I have managed to perfect my DE shave and no longer get any irritation at all.

I bought my badger brush from http://www.shavingshack.co.uk

endurobadger
    Free Member

so what do they shave the badgers with then ?? 🙂

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Thanks all, went for a Vulfix 404 from Diamond Edge in the end, they seem to get good reviews!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so what do they shave the badgers with then ??

I thought they boiled them till all the hair fell off ?

montylikesbeer

Vulfix 660 is a cracker for the money at £15.00

I got myself a Kent BLK2 last week and its superb but at £28.00 its a little more, but it is fantastic.

Kent Blk2 clicky

Either way Badger all the way

alexxx
    Free Member

what do the more expensive brushes offer over a 17 quid badger? im not knocking i just dont know the different between a badger chav and a badger prince

montylikesbeer

I have had a Vulfix and Kent and they are worlds apart.

I guess after you factor out the packaging and nonsence its about the quality of the hair, the better the quality, tightness of the "knot" effects how much water it can hold and ability to whip up a lather.

Then your on to what type of soap/cream.

For me it has to be Mitchell's wool fat soap, £15.00 gets you a puck of soap and a dish/bowel and then £5.00 to replace the soap.

Mitchells clicky

alexxx
    Free Member

im using a Truefitt and Hill Lavender Shaving Cream Bowl, never used soap, whats it like? im loving the cream tho, it smells wicked, lathers up very quickly and leaves my skin silky smooth! what am i missing?

montylikesbeer

Mitchells is simply amazing.

I have Bronnley, Prorazo Omega and Musgo Real creams, whilst they are very good nothing comes close to the Mitchell's

nickc

Jesus, now I've seen everything. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter at all. It's just a means of spreading soap on yer face and softening yer beard. That's it. By all means spend stupid money on it but it won't perform any better.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have had a Vulfix and Kent and they are worlds apart.

how can 2 shaving brushes be "worlds apart"? Does one go on to give you a blow job ?

montylikesbeer

I'll just get my Halfords Carrerra and have a go at the dalby black, I guess I might get down it.

Its like all things folks you pays your money and you takes your choice.

crikey
    Free Member

It's just a means of spreading soap on yer face and softening yer beard.

SShhhhh! They're not called the chattering classes for nothing; these are the important things in their lives…

maxray
    Free Member

Only on stw!.. oh and maybe shaving monthly 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Vulfix or Kent as both are fine … I have Kent H8 but then I overspent, however I now prefer to use Ingram brushless shave cream.

:mrgreen:

p/s: why spent more than £5 for shave cream? £3 for Ingram or Palmolive or Erasmic should be more than enough.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a shaving brush’ is closed to new replies.