Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Recommend me a series to watch
  • stayhigh

We finished watching the last season of Dexter last night which we’ve thoroughly enjoyed, but now find ourselves without a series to watch. Before Dexter we worked our way through The Sopranos, Season 1 of Oz, Hero’s, Fringe, Six Feet Under, Invasion and Southland.

What else is worth watching from recent times, if all else fails it’ll have to be Lost or Prison Break.

Jamie
    Free Member

Breaking Bad or go French with Spiral.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flight of the Conchords.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Breaking Bad. It is superb TV.

sparkyrhino

entourage,bluebloods

jackthedog
    Free Member

Breaking Bad.

The Shield.

headfirst
    Free Member

Nobody’s mentioned The Wire yet.

Or the ultimate: Battlestar Galactica, it is totally awesome!!! No really, it is.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Breaking bad
    The wire
    Mad men

Tom83

Breaking bad, sons of anarchy.

Northwind

Breaking Bad… It never impressed me the way it impresses some, but it’s definately moreish.

More Oz, you’ve got at least one more series before it goes bat**** crazy.

House? House.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Secret lives of our streets, about social change in housing. Based around London but pretty good apart from that. Has some interesting history interwoven with a bit of life story.

kimbers

the wire
    deadwood
    breaking bad
    battlestar galactica
    carnivale
    sons of anarchy
    entourage is good too
    the killing (danish version)

stayhigh

I’d suggested BSG but swmbo isnt that into the whole sci fi thing. I’d like to watch Wire and I remember seeing a trailer for Bluebloods which looked ok.

I’ll google Breaking Bad and Entourage.

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 BSG (not the 80s thing with Dirk Benedict). OK it’s SF but it has proper thought out – and acted – plots, not the “space opera” that SF can sometimes be.
    Firefly – but there was only ever one series. More like a western, but set in space.
    If you liked Heroes you might like Alphas (haven’t seen it but it sounded like the same premise)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Secret lives of our streets, about social change in housing. Based around London but pretty good apart from that. Has some interesting history interwoven with a bit of life story.

Agreed. This has been excellent.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I was joking about London btw, but I do hope they expand the concept to other areas.

headfirst
    Free Member

Trust me you need to convince your swmbo, that BSG is so much more than sci-fi. We’ve watched most of the shows mentioned so far and the only one we really miss and talk about wistfully is BSG.

Breaking Bad is good, but the mahooosive wait for the third series to come out took something away from it for me – this won’t be an issue for ‘newcomers’ now!

The Shield is great, but my wife couldn’t hack some of the darker cases/storylines about kiddie-fiddlers and granny-r*pers – that’s just as a word of warning

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The Wire series 1

The Wire series 2

The Wire series 3

The Wire series 4

The Wire series 5

prob best watched in that order.

and The Bridge.

CountZero

Burn Notice, which starts a new season tonight. You might need a bit of catching up with the back-story, but it’s great fun, it’s got Bruce Cambell and Sharon Gless in it! Jeffrey Donovan is very cool in the lead rôle, and Gabby Anwar is wonderful.
    I love this series… 😀
    Also worth looking for are Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls.
    All sadly short lived, but wonderfully entertaining.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, I know, RP! It’s been a great series, would love to see it expand to other cities. A really good exploration of history at ground level, as it were.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

The West Wing
    Battlestar Gallactica
    Studio 60
    House

maccruiskeen

4,510 episodes of Crossroads should keep you off the streets and out of trouble

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone send CFH a working internet. His appears to be over-stimulated.

maccruiskeen

He’s posting in morse code again

chvck
    Free Member

As said, breaking bad & the wire. Also weeds, true blood (it’s awful but fun), game of thrones, misfits. Just to name a few!

Cougar

I’d suggested BSG but swmbo isnt that into the whole sci fi thing.

TBH, the scifi side of it is kinda secondary, it’s more like a soap opera in space.

Ditto Firefly, one of the best shows ever and it’s more of a western than scifi (it’s also like 15 episodes + a movie, so not a massive investment if for some bizarre reason you don’t like it).

maccruiskeen

Actually – I second Misfits for a quality bit of homegrown telly. Luther also, although I thought the first series of Luther was much better than the second

kimbers

there was a firefly reunion panel at comicon last weekend- maybe, just maybe…………

http://screenrant.com/firefly-anniversary-reunion-comic-con-scott-188020/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Someone send CFH a working internet. His appears to be over-stimulated.

Keep shooting off too many times. Story of my life….

TooTall
    Free Member

Justified.

I am stunned it hasn’t been mentioned or had better viewing in general – it is the best thing to have been on TV in years. Plot twists a’plenty and some of the very best characters ever written and acted.

I am not prone to gushing about any TV show – but this is the shizzle.

Kuco

A lot shorter than some the others mentioned

Spaced
    Black Books
    Out Numbered

I know its a mini series but Generation Kill is good.

slackman99
    Free Member

Archer

chvck
    Free Member

Haha archer, yes!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The News, 1800 BBC 1 – its pretty awesome, every night something happens and to be honest, sometimes the storylines are really quite far fetched. The only bit that annoys me is they keep switching the main character, the newsreader, sometimes its this older guy, then the next night its a younger female, do they think we are stupid or is this part of the show? Some of it is real footage but I think a lot of it is made up.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Homeland.

anthonyb
    Free Member

+1 Justified.

Amazing series

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

kimbers

justified and misfits both excellent

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a series to watch’ is closed to new replies.