Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Recommend me a series to watch
  • Cougar

Not watched it yet, but I’ve had a few people recommend Community to me recently.

chvck
    Free Member

Ooh community is really good!

maccruiskeen

The News, 1800 BBC 1 – ….. The only bit that annoys me is they keep switching the main character, the newsreader, sometimes its this older guy then the next night its a younger female, do they think we are stupid or is this part of the show?

They nicked that idea from “The Weather”

I’m still waiting for “The White Dot” to come out on DVD, although I’m sure there will be repeats of it somewhere amongst the high numbers on free view.

wrecker
    Free Member

Justified, breaking bad, the wire, the shield, sons of anarchy . Mostly breaking bad. Simply superb.

shadowrider
    Free Member

The Walking Dead is a quality series, I’ve never been a fan of zombies but this is incredibly gory.

athgray
    Free Member

The Wire
    Boardwalk Empire
    The Borgias
    Monkey Dust
    Still Game

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Stargate’s always good. If it has to be recent, Universe was fairly good. First series was a bit slow, but it got a lot better into the second series, and then they killed it.

CountZero

Archer! 😈

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Walking Dead is a quality series

oh yeah forgot about that.

and True Blood, Stargate Universe. I forgot about them too

Cougar

WTF is Archer?

The Walking Dead is great if you like that sort of thing. Adored the first season, really should catch up at some point.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not watched it yet, but I’ve had a few people recommend Community to me recently.

Community is awesome. One of the most creative and original shows I have seen. Would have recommended it, but thought we were on a crime/police angle.

Here’s just one clip to whet Cougar’s appetite 8)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFFxTGV-Tdg[/video]

…and one to whet everyone elses 😉

If we are doing comedies, Arrested Development.

deluded
    Free Member

Game of Thrones.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Archer is class.

LenHankie

RichPenny – Member
    Secret lives of our streets, about social change in housing. Based around London but pretty good apart from that. Has some interesting history interwoven with a bit of life story.

+1. Absolutely fascinating.

Cougar

Here’s just one clip to whet Cougar’s appetite

Well, I’m sold.

warton
    Free Member

Eastbound and Down. If you like your humour with no morals (saying that they did cut stevies nursing home confession) It is brilliant.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed series 1 and 2 of sons of anarchy – slow burner though but by mid way through each series i wanted to see the rest …. Being the only english speaking guy in the middle of the ocean would make anything seem good though 🙂

rowley
    Free Member

Chuck

colournoise

http://www.bbcshop.com/drama+arts/the-fades-series-1-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3537

Way better than the write up on that page makes it sound. Clever writing, great media-savvy dialogue and a couple of pretty good performances.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charlie-Brookers-Black-Mirror-DVD/dp/B006B893B2

Not really a series, but well worth a watch if you didn’t see them when on TV.

slainte 8) rob

yossarian
    Free Member

Brass eye

munkyboy
    Free Member

West wing

An hour of people talking tax policy but quite compelling

mbl1
    Free Member

The Wire
    The Shield
    Somebody on your other MTB forum may be able to loan both to you too…

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Fades was excellent.

_tom_
    Free Member

Breaking Bad is awesome, season 5 just started and it’s looking great so far.

I love Community. Parks and Recreation is good if you can get through season 1 as well, really picks up a lot in season 2+3.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The obvious suggestions already mentioned and I thought Awake was good, really liked the vulgarity, gore and boobies of Spartacus as well.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Been said before, but honestly… Battlestar Galactica!
    Got to get me that bluray box set!

Watched it all through twice and can still spend hours talking about it.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Holy shizzle, just noticed Breaking Bad s05E01!!!11111 😯

kiwijohn

The Boondocks.

anagallis_arvensis

The Wire
    Deadwood
    Game of Thrones
    just dont watch Game of Thrones with your mum!

mcboo
    Free Member

Breaking Bad next for me.

Mad Men and the Wire, take your pick for greatest TV ever made. Mad Men being shown again from Season 1 on Sky Atlantic every Tuesday night.

Anyone else ever see Bodies? Tucked away on BBC2/BBC4 was a fantastic, dark hilarious drama based around a bunch of NHS surgeons. Max Beasley, Keith Allen and that bloke from The Office……very very funny and VERY RUDE! It won loads of awards then got cancelled after two series because the BBC needed the money to make another series of that piece of cr4p “Rome”. Seek it out, you wont regret it.

+1 Secret History of Our Streets. I just love this.

……am watching The Hollow Crown bit by bit with my 9yr old, along with the documentaries on Shakespeare on BBC2. All of a sudden it doesnt feel so high-brow, TV of the year so far.

maccruiskeen

Moving away from drama and americana… Theres a series of very lovely and gentle documentaries called ‘Working Mans Death’. Not a ‘things explained’ kind of documentary but a more observational quiet walk with someone for a while.

Al Jazeera screened them and you can watch them on their website. ‘Ghosts’ is particularly lovely – check out that singletrack!

FuzzyWuzzy

Pretty much what everyone else has posted :p
    The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    West Wing
    Weeds

I never really got into BSG, Deadwood or Mad Men – might need to give them another go. Weeds doesn’t get mentioned much (think only one other person on the thread) but it’s brilliant IMO, actually prefer it to Breaking Bad.

crush83
    Free Member

Sons of Anarchy
    The walking Dead
    Falling skys

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep bodies was fantastic stuff – just don’t watch it if your other half is expecting a baby.

Eastbound and down and community also superb on the funny side of things. Also add 30 Rock to that

Muke
    Free Member

Forget West Wing try Green Wing much funnier 😆

Terra

Married With Children, let Al teach us what life is really like.

damitamit
    Free Member

Generation Kill. Was only 6 episodes but definitely worth watching if you havent.

hels
    Free Member

Another vote for Battlestar Galactica, best TV series ever (with space ships)

The Wire best TV series ever (no space ships category)

Have you seen the Danish documentary Armadillo ? OK I know it’s not a series but filmed like TV. Riveting, and scary.

I worked my way through Twin Peaks recently, was released on DVD last year. Surprisingly un-dated, apart from the lack of cell phones. Still brilliant.

And I have to confess I enjoyed Spartacus, historically accurate but very raunchy, they carry out entire conversations while inserted inside some slave girl’s orifice or other. Rome, the same idea but without the constant shagging, also good.

hels
    Free Member

And I’m going to go really left field here: Eyes on the Prize.

Documentary series about the American Civil Rights movement, using lots of original footage. Both entertaining and educational. I am old enough to remember it showing originally, and again was re-released a couple of years ago.

kiwijohn

Wilfred.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a series to watch’ is closed to new replies.