Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a route starting on (or just off) the A59,
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Every weekend i drive over from York to Preston and back to pick up my daughter. If i go over earlier i can try and sneak in a 2-3hr ride but don’t really want to add to the already long journey.

Not too interested in coming right off the A59 and heading into the dales (settle / malham) or Gisburn Forest etc. as they take me to much off course.

I’ve found a route from Bolton Abbey, but any other suggestions?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Theres a fair bit around Embsay Moor IIRC..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Longridge Fell is only a couple of miles from the A59 at Copster Green. We usually park at the Ribchester Arms in Ribchester. You can shorten the route by going straight up the Roman road from Ribchester to Jeffrey Hill.

domino

The Bolton Abbey route is perfect. Park in Skipton – head over Sharphaw and drop down to Flasby, lane to Hetton, bridleway to Rylstone, Rylstone Church bridleway to take the bridleway over Embsay Moor, take the rh bridleway by the cattlegrid above Bolton Abbey, spin along the lane to Embsay and back to Skipton.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

take the rh bridleway by the cattlegrid above Bolton Abbey, spin along the lane to Embsay and back to Skipton.

or turn R at Brown Bank for some exciting singletrack to Embsay Crag and pick up the BW round the res down to Embsay 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a route starting on (or just off) the A59,’ is closed to new replies.