Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • anyone in leeds fancy lending me a torque wrench ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

anyone 😉 i need to go to 40nm thanks

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I might not have one that goes that low, I got one from screwfix but was dissapointed that it didn't go all that low.

firestarter
    Free Member

i had a look at screw fix and one said 28 to 200ish in the review but thought id maybe save a few quid an lend one 😉

Frankers
    Free Member

40nm is high !!

firestarter
    Free Member

its high for bike bits but low for cars (tho i want it for a bike bit)

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If you need it I'm sure you could use it. Don't bust anything like I did on my fox forks. Expensive is not the word. 🙄

firestarter
    Free Member

thanks mikey but after much umming and aahhing im going to buy one then i can keep an eye on it too as im a bit weary of square taper fittings after wrecking a set before 😉

i was told i couldnt overtighten a squre taper crank with an allen key and the nut would snap before anything . but no i wrecked the crank arm and the nut held fine ;-(

now got to get to the shops tomorrow before i get stuck in the festival traffic by my house which is a mare

RicB

I've got a Park one you're welcome to borrow. I'm around this weekend. Mail in profile

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

NEver used one on Square taper BB's. Hard as you can usually worked, if it comes off the bolt is usually too long or worn out. Good luck.

timbur
    Free Member

Guess you big girl!

Let me know when it lands and I want a photo of it fitted.

firestarter
    Free Member

lol just mailed you its arrived 😉 ive wrecked a set before getting them nice and tight lol and i aint wrecking these babys

firestarter
    Free Member

fitted 😉

psychle
    Free Member

noice, veeery noice… what chainring is that, white industries? looks luverly 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

boone ti 😉

psychle
    Free Member

thought it might be… I want one, but they don't make them anymore, do they? 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

they have started making them again as it happens. its on the site, one of the former employees has taken over production for them. i want a matching back cog now lol

singlespeedstu

*goes off to look on Boone site.*

psychle
    Free Member

*goes off to look on Boone site.*

see you there 🙂

singlespeedstu

Still not taking orders. 😕

i could do with a new rear one too.

firestarter
    Free Member

best he gets his finger out lol they are lovely arent they 😉

singlespeedstu

2008_1112boonecogs0029 on Flickr

Mine aren't looking quite as good as they did when they were new.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

was told i couldnt overtighten a squre taper crank with an allen key and the nut would snap before anything . but no i wrecked the crank arm and the nut held fine

What a bulb-end… 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

ey up hows you 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good Mick, good. Yourself?

Do those Boone rings last loads longer than standard alloy ones? IE, is it more cost effective to get the Ti ones in the long run?

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah sound mate. as for the question stu or sheldon would be the best to ask as ive no idea tbh i just had to have it 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I WANT HAVE TO HAVE THOSE CRANKS!

No, seriously, the planet is in mortal peril unless I get them. I NEED them.

psychle
    Free Member

woooah… they're gorgeous! 8) Good luck finding a set though, I suspect they're rarer than a very rare thing…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘anyone in leeds fancy lending me a torque wrench ?’ is closed to new replies.