Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a new back pack.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Evening all.Need a new pack as my mule NV is getting a bit worn out now.
    What do you lot recommend.
    Around the same size or a bit bigger than the mule would do but must have really good back ventilation and just a comfortable.
    Osprey,evoc etc.
    Cheers gang.

shredder
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor 14 done.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I rather like songbird. Got two, about to buy a third so that I have a full range of sizes. The hyper 2.5 has the best back ventilation of all.

Fat-boy-fat

I’ve found my evoc pack (Enduro thingie) to be way more comfortable than any previous camelback I’ve had (mainly hawg packs). The back ventilation isn’t great but the overall fit is fantastic. Weight sits round the base of your back and the pack is very stable. I wear it for all rides now, even though it has way more space than I need apart from all day winter wonderland rides.

Don’t think I’d go back to camelback now.

northernmatt

Osprey Raptor 14 done.

This.

Only other one I looked at was a Dakine Drafter.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Have an Evoc 10 for lighter stuff, big days with pads n stuff I use a Dakine Nomad, on my 2nd Dakine now, I genuinely used the first until it was worn out, about 9 years use, wouldn’t go back to camelback now

bigblackshed

Dakine Amp. 12L or 18L.

I have an older model 18L and you can fit the world in there, but it straps down tight so there’s no flapping about. Lots of internal pockets. Rain cover was included. The only thing I disliked was the bite valve. You can’t turn it on or off one handed, if you leave it on then the bladder syphons out down your leg. I changed the valve for a Osprey one with the sternum strap magnet. Had to put a few turns of PTFE tape on the Osprey valve though, different sized hose.

qwerty
    Free Member

I could sell you a black Osprey Raptor 10, 6 rides old, i don’t like it, water sloshes around in its bladder. EiP.

singletracksurfer

Wingnut 2.5 is ace and just sits on the lower back, sorry very breathable. Side pockets are accessible while riding too which is sooo useful too.

Just having a big compartment allows more storage than you’d think too.

benji
    Free Member

Osprey raptor brilliant pack, that’s what replaced my rogue. If you are getting a sloshing noise, you’ve not taken all the air out.

poey50
    Free Member

+1 for Osprey Raptor 10.

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers gang.
    qwerty YGM bud.. 😀

ichi
    Free Member

Evoc FR team lite,10l. That’s my all day pack can’t see why anyone would need more than 10l for an all day job. Get 2litre bladder in there, spare gloves, buff, tools, tape, cable ties, pump, repair kit, first aid kit, hat, energy gel, snickers, bananas, sarnie,2 spare tubes. Can get waterproofs in and attached to it if needed. Previously had various no name cheapos and camelbaks, last one was a mule and one before blow fish.

For visits to trail centres I’ve just got a couple of cheapo £10 hydration jobbies from Tesco and Amazon.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor 14 here too. Top pack and great after sales services from Osprey. Mine’s two years old and I broke one of the sternum strap buckles last week. Osprey replaced it in two days FOC.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Just replaced my worn out original Raptor with current. No brainer. Really like the long bladder zip. Only drawback is you have to route the hose over your right shoulder. Not an issue for me personally.

akira

If they do a shimano unzen in the right size I’d try that. Mine is very comfy.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Have had various camelbaks, wingnut and osprey but nothing fits better than my evoc for me, but I suppose it is personal taste, by the way the wingnut was way better than the mule it replaced.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new back pack.’ is closed to new replies.