• This topic has 207 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)
  • Big Hitters that were of their time then disappeared
  • epicyclo

Northwind – Member
    TJ’s facebook is starting to alarm me Every 5 minutes, day or night he calls Jim Murphy a ****…

Why is “omelet” asterisked out? 🙂

They all went to Mleh

Junkyard
    Free Member

TJ is not that bad ….he did not respond to my helmet dig [ though his Mum did]

Drac

Just a gentle reminder.

<mod>
    Here’s the deal.
    It’s bad form to slag off people who don’t have right of reply. So don’t, keep it light or there will be a closed thread and some smiting.
    </mod>

Coyote
    Free Member

Beer was a wind up merchant, and a very good one too. Dan sailed a little close to the wind on many occasions. One day he sailed too close to the edge of the world and fell off.

hora
    Free Member

Where did they go? Twitter maybe and mleh?

I think a lot of the socially disfunctional lived on that forum as they couldn’t control themselves.

Daffy

hora – Member
    socially disfunctional

Careful Hora, glass houses… 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Beer and Dan were funny, if a little mean occasionally. The prawn was my favourite. I do miss TSY too.

They’re not in mleh, I think Al is the only big hitter who visits.

The ones that were good, unfortunately, are the ones that don’t come back. The ones that are a waste of the internet keep coming back with new logins (oh teh irony).

oliverd1981
    Free Member

‘they’ just don’t want you to know.

They being the shape shifting Lizards who overcharge for bearings?

scotroutes

The true irony is that mlehworld is one of the most social forums around, where folk can still enjoy banter with each other knowing it’s all truly lighthearted and get together to laugh and joke about it over a ride or a drink. In Facebook terms it’s the difference between Friends and Acquaintances.

hora
    Free Member

The true irony is that mlehworld is one of the most social forums around, where folk can still enjoy banter with each other knowing it’s all truly lighthearted and get together to laugh and joke about it over a ride or a drink. In Facebook terms it’s the difference between Friends and Acquaintances

Its only what Ive overheard- never been over there.

Its all the internet- place where you can let off steam, have a laugh, have a dig when the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet etc. I’ve said this on rides about STW- its not work/its not a serious situation so why cant you act a goof?

Some folk take what you say on a forum though very seriously. Which is abit weird.

scotroutes

As many have pointed out before, this is still “real life”. 😀

It’s easier to have closer relationships on a smaller forum.

hora
    Free Member

“Real life”- lots of people big themselves, can create false persona’s, tell fibs about where they are, where they’ve been or what they’ve done.

Hence you have to take a forum as a bit of fun/potentially not real.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The true irony is that mlehworld is one of the most social forums around, where folk can still enjoy banter with each other knowing it’s all truly lighthearted and get together to laugh and joke about it over a ride or a drink.

Speak for yourself. Hora has already spoken for moi-

I think a lot of the socially disfunctional lived on that forum as they couldn’t control themselves.

(Also, teh irony)

?

hora
    Free Member

So one should be serious on an internet forum? I say socially disfunctional as in couldnt stop their fingers from typing posts that got their logins blocked/banned.

Bit of a difference from my goofing about and being blocked/banned teh?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

emsz
    Free Member

I miss emma82 and TSY and jamie

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Pete36

Houns

Mmm butter

bikebouy
    Free Member

Didn’t Elfin go over to LFGSS too..?

Thought someone from here sought him out, then got fully engaged over there in some pointless thread.

Lots of good stuff from Elfin, certainly the Architecture threads kept my eyes pealed and made me look twice at stuff in Town. Very knowledgable about London….

zippykona

3dvdgirl(?)was always interesting but Flapjacky had me in stitches asking for saddle advice.

hora
    Free Member

but Flapjacky had me in stitches asking for saddle advice.

What were the best trolls? I remember one with a SFN and a carbon steerer. I did one where I said I couldn’t find my valve caps on my new tubes and I was going to bin them. I got loads of people emailing me offering to ‘take them off my hands’ as I’d said on the topic ‘they aren’t complete/I’ll post them for free to someone who wants them’.

😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Beer? Can I ressurect sealoin?

Oh. My. God.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Didn’t Elfin go over to LFGSS too..?

FB.

Cougar

Oh. My. God.

Thought you didn’t have one of those?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah. Ironic huh. Paging Alanis.

Cougar

It’s what they say isn’t it, we all turn eventually.

Solo
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member
    I miss Jamie

You’re not trying hard enough. Close one eye and align both parts of the sight.

Drac – Moderator
    I notice that Jamie has gone a bit quiet since he got his ‘Freeloader’ status.
    He had that for over a year before he disappeared.

Actually STW gave him a title along the lines of
    “Freeloader, but we still like him
    Which endured for some considerable time before STW spotted the error of their ways.

Better late than never, I suppose, although one does wonder why STW bother when they knowingly allow some of the bad’uns to return with new IDs, after a ban…
    Perhaps the ban hammer has been replaced for a very small rubber mallet with a sparkling tassel, hanging from the handle?

maccruiskeen

Perhaps the ban hammer has been replaced for a very small rubber mallet with a sparkling tassel, hanging from the handle?

You mean… the Masons?

hora
    Free Member

Oh. My. God.

Yes my child?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Swift V@T thanks. Russian Standard. Ice.

njee20
    Free Member

I did one where I said I couldn’t find my valve caps on my new tubes and I was going to bin them. I got loads of people emailing me offering to ‘take them off my hands’ as I’d said on the topic ‘they aren’t complete/I’ll post them for free to someone who wants them’.

Hilarious. The seconds must fly by.

I don’t really get the “none of this is real” thing. I’m sure some people adopt a persona which is genuinely false – making up jobs or whatever, Insert Wit Here appeared to do just that before elaborately scamming folk for a lot of money – but aside from potentially forming an ill judged opinion of people because all you have is a load of text I don’t really imagine folk to be markedly different to how they are on here, and still consider this a load of ‘real’ people. Some good friends are on here, I’ve met some people through forums who’ve gone on to become good friends. Bit sad if folk genuinely consider it some sort of alternate reality.

I miss Jamie too.

shredder
    Free Member

Where did simonrali go ?

hora
    Free Member

njee20 you cant take a forum too seriously.

footflaps

The two Simon Barnes, (one with an F who was always annoyed at being mistaken for the one without)….

you cant take a forum too seriously.

+20

In real life I run a Hedge Fund in Bermuda and have just offered the Tories £20m if they bring back slavery shortly after ditching the EU. DC was quite enthusiastic and mentioned that it was already on the drawing board. I’m having dinner with Gideon tonight to discuss charging beggars rental for use of pavements. Should be a vote winner.

tazzymtb

I miss TSY and young phil they both made laugh and cheered me up alot. I don’t get the internet persona thing either

njee20
    Free Member

njee20 you cant take a forum too seriously.

There’s a difference between taking it seriously and saying you have to take it as “potentially not real”! It is real. It’s just not serious.

Solo
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

I miss TSY
    Oh, I don’t think you do and neither do I.

hora
    Free Member

njee20 I’ve seen complete contrasts in people from meeting them in person to their ‘persona’ or basically how they come across as conduct themself on a forum. Alot post as they are -although some of the big characters really aren’t in person. If no one joked, provoked or challenged it’d be abit mousey/dull place. I prefer it more like a raucous pub/bar and everyone agreeing-quite place.

Solo
    Free Member

-although some of the big characters really aren’t in person
    A forum of dwarves?

You kind of tailed off into Hora-drivel, shortly after that line.
    Carry on!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Big Hitters that were of their time then disappeared’ is closed to new replies.