Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommend me a good value gas combi boiler
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m doing up a rental property

– gas
    – house is a terrace (two beds)
    – going combi for shower upstairs

Ideally wall mounted, due to flue positioning.

Needs to be solid but not flash. The 456 of boilers….

RustyMac

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/

If you have a qualified plumber that will fit it for you then the prices from mrcentralheating(mch) are hard to beat. if you look through the website they also do a shower that looks impressive for the money. If you need radiators i am told what mch class as a double is more like a 1.5 but apart from that a friend who bought from them was very impressed.

As for brands Baxi are very good (5 year garentee), Worcester Bosch are also very good (3 year garentee), Valillant are good as are Glow-Worm and i know nothing about the others. I am not a plumber but i have looked into this in the past. I would recommend doing a quick google search of the model numbers before you buy and there should be reviews for you to get a better idea

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Ideal logic +, 5 year warranty. 24w version should be around £675

The logic has a 2yr warranty, should be around £600

5lab

Which? had a pretty comprehensive review of boilers a couple of years ago. Worth signing up to a subscription to them, read up, then cancel the sub (it’s free for the first month).

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Cheers

My dad has a Which sub so I’ll get his login code and have a look.

Got a plumber to fit boiler but I’m probably going to source everything and install rads etc., so all advice is greatly received 😉

wallop

I don’t know much about boilers, but I have only ever heard people (and our gas engineers) recommend Worcester Vaillant or Bosch.

We have a Heatline. It is sh1t. Don’t get one.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t know much about boilers, but I have only ever heard people (and our gas engineers) recommend Worcester Vaillant or Bosch.

“I’m easily pleased. I’m always satisfied with the best.” – Oscar Wilde.

wallop

That actually sums me up quite well! Probably a salesman’s dream, me….

andyl
    Free Member

Registers interest…got to choose a boiler next week. If I may tag along? 1 bed flat that I will be renting out when done. Wish I had gone for the column rads not modern ones. Might replace them if I ever come to sell in a X years as they would make it more attractive (only 3 rads anyway).

Do those prices include VAT? Can’t see any mention of it.

I was intending to go Valliant when I was intending to move back in but now I am not too sure. They have stainless steel heat exchangers which makes more sense to me that the aluminium-silicon ones.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

We went with a Vailant (Eco Tech 831 for a high ceiling draughty old house) as recommended by a recommended installer, who give a 5 year warranty when fitted with a magnetic filter.

A year in, very happy. It’s so quiet you can hardly hear it, very efficient and hot water flow for the shower is brilliant.

Worcester Bosch also very well recommended. I’d avoid Ferolli, we had one before and it leaked like a sieve, heard lots of bad reports.

RustyMac

andyl

if you mean the mrcentralheating prices i am fairly confident the pricees include VAT, the round bubble with the price in it a the top of the page says incl VAT

andyl
    Free Member

ahh I was flicking through the main site. Now I see the VAT thing on the front page.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good value gas combi boiler’ is closed to new replies.