Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a frame please!
  • hope
    Free Member

Hi all.

Currently riding the below set-up but the frame feels a bit big, can anyone recommend a 16″ frame (I am around 170cm tall/5’7″). I was looking at On-One 456 frames but they look like 3×9 isn’t ideal on them plus I may miss the rear suspension for downhill riding.

Current bike is a Boardman FS Pro, 3×9 setup, Rockshox Monarch 3.3, Reba Race 100mm.

Would like to keep my components if possible and just do a frame swap.

Any advice appreciated.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

try this thread for specialized frames going cheap:
    Specialized frame sale

You will probably need a longer fork through for the pitch / enduro, CRC were doing some great deals last month on 2010 and 2011 Marzochhis. Then swap everything else over.

hope
    Free Member

It wasn’t what I was after really :S

Bregante

Santa cruz super lights are great 100-120 travel frames

http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/santa-cruz-superlight-frame-2012/4589

Northwind

3×9 works fine on On Ones… Though I think some of the carbon ones may have issues with it, all the 456s will take a triple should you want to fit one for some reason.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

You could try a 14″ 456 (with 2×9!) but 100mm isn’t quite enough really. If you want full suss then search on small XC race frames. You may find a bargain frame somewhere out there.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Sorry for asking the obvious – what do you think is wrong with what you have apart from it being a bit big? IE would a smaller Boardman be you dream bike? I imagine / guess you want something “different” too – so more thoughts would help I guess?

Kuco

I’ve been riding a triple on my 16″ 456 and i’m 5’7″

hope
    Free Member

Bregante that is a bit expensive but it is a nice frame.

Northwind, I am quite happy with the 3×9 plus already have the components making it a lot easier and cheaper.

It sounds like I am going to need some forks with longer travel really which isn’t a problem.

I would be happy with a straight frame swap to a small boardman but have nothing against change, plus they are a bit like rocking horse sh*t

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a frame please!’ is closed to new replies.