Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • PSA – Chee'p Specialized clearance frames (Enduro/Pitch/Myka)
  • hora
    Free Member
    binners

TO the Singletrack giries: my better half has got one of those Spesh Mykas. Its a fantasic frame. And at £200, is ridiculously cheap. You can’t get a decent hardtail frame for that 😯

yoshimi

No probs, those enduro frames are too tempting 😐

IHN

Are you going to get a few Hora, you know, to keep you going 😉

binners

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anyone got any idea what size Myka for a lady 5’8″ tall with a 32/33in inside leg?

cooie

What’s the Myka sizing like? Wife is 5’9″. I guess medium would be right.

DrP

I’d love to think my missus would love one of those Mykas, but TBH she’d rather have the pennies to spend on shoes…..
    🙁

DrP

binners

PP and Cooie – As they’re female specific, they come in quite small. I’d go for the large. my missus is a a lot shorther than 5’8″ and she’s fine with a medium

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Agreed with the Myka. My wife has one. She is 5ft7 and she has a medium.

cooie

Thanks guys 🙂

footflaps

Rats – sold out of medium Enduros this am!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, I’m the same height as her (shorter legs though) and always a medium in Spesh bikes. The medium Myka is the same size (Seat tube) as a meduim FSR, just 35mm shorter

The medium size given equates to 17.8in (Seat tube) and Mrs PP has a 17in Hardrock as a commuter which fits her well.

I’m erring towards the medium…..

BUT she currently has a 17in Kona King Kikapu (mens frame) which looks a tad small on her in the leg, but too long

The large Myka is 10mm LONGER than a mens medium….

So I’m unsure!!

Arghhhh!

EDIT

She needs something a bit taller, but shorter than the kona

**heads off to find Kona geometry**

binners

I’ve been occasionally known to take the (medium) Myka out for a spin. with a 32″ inside leg (same as me), she’s going to have a lot of seatpost showing. So I’d still advise a large PP

Aidy
    Free Member

cooie – What size are you going for?

[Edit] Not sure how valid it is, but there’s a rough size chart here: http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/contentPages.asp?pageID=62 [/Edit]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aidy, cheers, I thought that was a good answer, but the Safire (The closest thing to a Myka) is listed as

S-WORKS SAFIRE FSR Rider Height Rider Height (cm)
    Bike Size
    Small 5′ 0″ – 5′ 4″ 152 – 163
    Medium 5′ 4″ – 5′ 8″ 163 – 173
    Large 5′ 8″ – 5′ 11″ 173 – 180

And she’s 5’8″

So bang in the middle!!!

Arrgghh!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Kona have no geometry listed for older bikes 🙁

hora
    Free Member

RING Spesh UK for advise. I bet these frames are old warranty replacements stock heldback and from spesh UK.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    binners

Having ridden one, and watched the missus ride one for 12 months PP, I’d definitely err on the side of the large. She’s at the 5’4″ end of the spectrum and the medium is fine for her. Definitely not too big

cooie

This is getting confusing now. On Aidy’s link medium is 5’5″-5′-10″. On PP’s it’s 5’4″-5’8″!!

Tracey

Hora

Ive stopped looking at that site [impulse bought my last two Enduros from them]. Couldnt resist clicking on your link.

Ive just talked myself into leaving a deposit on a S Works Enduro. If it feels right on Tuesday my old one will have to go.

hora
    Free Member

Don’t blame me 😆

vinnyeh

Nearly forgot my ‘no Specialized stuff’ rule there for a minute, shame, one of those Myka’s could have been ideal for using up a load of spares..

Tracey

I need to blame someone

falkirk-mark

RING Spesh UK for advise. I bet these frames are old warranty replacements stock heldback and from spesh UK

I think that is right I had an fsr xc warranty job last year and I got one of those dark blue frames.

footflaps

They are USA frames (chatted to them this afternoon, but they’re out of mediums)…

hora
    Free Member

That ano bronze is mint. Yes it reminded me of a post on Mtbr of someones Enduro- it looked beautiful in the pics/really suits the shape which to be honest looks ungainly/not special enough in some colours IMO.

Kuco

Whats the big difference between the Pitch and Enduro other than the M4 and M5 tubing?

hora
    Free Member

Weight?

sambob
    Free Member

They still have a large Pitch 🙁 Damn alps trip, stealing my bike money.

Kuco

I’m very tempted for a small Enduro.

hora
    Free Member

sambob you’d probably sell it for very similar money afterwards.

Kuco

What are specialized own shocks like?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Aidy, cheers, I thought that was a good answer, but the Safire (The closest thing to a Myka) is listed as

S-WORKS SAFIRE FSR Rider Height Rider Height (cm)
    Bike Size
    Small 5′ 0″ – 5′ 4″ 152 – 163
    Medium 5′ 4″ – 5′ 8″ 163 – 173
    Large 5′ 8″ – 5′ 11″ 173 – 180

And she’s 5’8″

So bang in the middle!!!

Arrgghh!

I’d be cautious, I’m 5ft 2 and the small Safire was far too horribly short for me. Must be my Mr Tickle arms…

falkirk-mark

Mine came with a fox shock although it has the specialized S on the shock.

Kuco

Was that the Enduro SL falkirk-mark and which fox shock? iirc Specialized had reliability issues with their own shocks.

falkirk-mark

Fsr xc, I would be lying if I said exactly which one but it was Fox and had pro pedal and lockout

EDIT I think it tells you below the frames spec what shock is on them, mines a triad

binners

I think the shock is a Fox Triad. That’s whats on the better half’s bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Chee'p Specialized clearance frames (Enduro/Pitch/Myka)’ is closed to new replies.