Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend me a fanny pack
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m a bit fanny pack curious (or bum bag for those of us on this side of the pond), especially for those shorter post-work spins while we have the longer days.

I’m after something that’ll carry a bottle (or similar), phone, pump, snack bar, multi-tool, tube and small emergency jacket.

In true STW fashion, who’s got one they’d care to recommend?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That looks like a North Face one I picked up in Vietnam.

Have to admit, we have a Mountain Warehouse bag as the small child ‘grab’ bag. We got it because it has decent pockets, external water pockets and didn’t look gopping. However it started to fall apart in no time – I’ve been put off.

Interesting thread though. Thanks for the link! 🙂

SandCrab

I have the Ospray Talon 6, plenty of space for kit on a short summer ride and pockets for 2 x water bottles. I also use it for longer rides like the Mountain Marathon series, additional water and food without a full back pack.

It does “bounce” more than a daysack but nothing significant.

Chris

Dudie
    Free Member

Me got Montane Batpack 6. Used primarily for long off-road runs, but works equally as well for cycling duties. Tough as old boots. Oh, my mistake, I thought it was a bumbag, but apparently it’s a “portable feed checkpoint and hydration station” 🙄 Works well as a bumbag though…

tang
    Free Member

I’ve got an old one made by US company Mountain Smith. They still make them, very well made.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have one from Decathlon that was about £8 holds a bottle and maybe a wallet.

Its enough for me as i don’t like carrying much.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Has anyone used one of these? Other than the pump (I can carry an airshot) it looks like it’d cover most bases very nicely: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/osprey-rev-solo-bottle-pack/rp-prod119121

Oh, my mistake, I thought it was a bumbag, but apparently it’s a “portable feed checkpoint and hydration station

😆 😆 😆

I’ve got an old one made by US company Mountain Smith. They still make them, very well made.

Just had a look online. Very nice looking kit.

ads678

Dakine Low rider 5L looks good. Out of stock on there site but available elswhere.

http://store.dakine.com/low-rider-5l.html

Leku
    Free Member

Mavic Crossride Belt.

Not got one but looks good.

prawny

I’ve got a trespass one from the trespass shop, about £8 does the job and has relegated my shimano bag to all day duties only, which is practically never.

birdage

Got a Deuter one that has lasted 3 years with no wear at all, not sure if they still make it but always impressed with Deuter stuff. Features that make it great for me are, mesh pockets on left and right for quick access to glasses and whatever, one main pocket and smaller pocket on front, padding and good supportive waist belt.
    Some of the ones on that Cotswold site look ok.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…always impressed with Deuter stuff.

Me too.

Del

osprey one here. used for few years now. only wear and tear is where i came down heavy on one side pocket.

scotroutes

Ortlieb.

A bit heavy. A bit expensive.

Will probably survive the nuclear holocaust.

Sanny was eyeing up my fanny (pack) only last week!

TheDTs
    Free Member

Got an Inov8 one.
    Very light soft & compressible also has reflective on it. I got mine from Ellis Brigham a few years back.
    Used exactly as you describe, quick spins after work.
    Also reduces splash from rear wheel up your ar5e..

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sanny was eyeing up my fanny (pack) only last week!

Filthy monkey 😆

Thanks all. Some good stuff to be getting on with.

Mattbike

I use one of these Strap on fanny pack
    I find the straps stabilize the pack.

dumbbot
    Free Member

http://sourceoutdoor.com/en/hydration-packs/161-hipster-hydration-belt

These look the business, pricey though. I’ve been using a source bladder for sometime now, and it’s way better quality than any of the camelbak or osprey bladders I’ve used

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I use one of these Strap on fanny pack
    I find the straps stabilize the pack.

I have a Wingnut MPS (AMAZING pack) which converts down to something similar (similar to a Hyper 2). It’s bloody excellent, but I’m really after something a little smaller.

These look the business, pricey though. I’ve been using a source bladder for sometime now, and it’s way better quality than any of the camelbak or osprey bladders I’ve used

Totally agree – saw these a while back. I really like the idea, but again, it’s a little too similar to my Wingnut.

Edit: ‘strap on fanny pack’. 😆

slowoldman

God that looks awful. Could only be improved by adding a crotch strap.

boblo
    Free Member

Titter… He said ‘fanny’… 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got an OMM 3l Waist Pouch.Was £18 big enough for tools/jacket/tube,weighs nothing and has hip pockets for Haribo and Freddos.
    Job jobbed.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

God that looks awful. Could only be improved by adding a crotch strap.

If it were German I imagine it would have… It would also be black. 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a fanny pack’ is closed to new replies.