Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a double crank set
  • lee93
    Free Member

I’ve got a Merida 120 with a triple (xt) but never use the big ring and the granny looking to get a double with bash but there’s so much to choose from where do I start.
    Any one using the raceface atlas am looking to spend about £250-300

enfht
    Free Member

Yes I’ve had a RF Atlas AM for a couple of years. Apart from the crappy orignal bb it’s been flawless. Make sure you use the right number of spacers including the extra red washers otherwise you’ll introduce play and wear the splines out. I’ve taken mine off a few times and ones you get the knack it’s peasy. Much more solid than the truvativ I had before and still lightweight.The RF bash is strong too.

lee93
    Free Member

Any pics? Like the look of the red ones!

traildog
    Free Member

If you never use the big or the granny, then why not just run a single ring? The chain will stay on better and will be more slient. Oh, and you won’t spend a fortune on a new crank when you don’t really need one.

lee93
    Free Member

Yer this did cross my mine but I do a lot of riding in the lakes so if I ever need that granny for the big climbs its there!
    What will be better 22/32 or 24/36 bering in mind im runnig a 9 speed casset not a 10 most of my riding is trail centers and the lakes eg newcastletion whinlatter maybie – longscale fell skidaw borrow dale bash!!

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Why not a new shimano XT double crankset? FSA also make some decent ones. In fact they alll work well the differences are in the Q-factor/stiffness/weight/asthetics/price. However these differences tend not to alter how they function -they still go round and move the chain. What Q-factor you want will depend on what you prefer. There is very little data of stiffness of cranks compared by the same test method so weight/price/athestics is all you can decide on in the end. I assume you are not downhilling as you will proabbly not be using XT triple cranksets.

lee93
    Free Member

Well I do like a bit of dh I’ve done skidaw which to me is down hill.
    Will be looking for something that will work with a black spire stinger tensioner ( non Iscg) bb mount

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a double crank set’ is closed to new replies.