Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a couple of remote control cars
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

Afternoon all

I’m not sure if this exists or not.

I am looking for a couple of remote control cars, suitable for a 5 year old, so doesn’t need to be super quick or expensive, but will need to be able to take some abuse, work pretty much out of the box yet be good enough for Daddy to play with.

Clearly there is a lot at the £10 end of the market and then the more expensive Tamiya type stuff which look good but expensive once you take into account speed controllers and batteries.

I am thinking outdoor use only.

Budget less than £100 for both

Any recommendations?

Thanks

cyclistm
    Free Member

Anyone know about the Carrera brand – they look like they might be perfect

Harry_the_Spider

Carrera make pretty good slot cars. Don’t know about their RC stuff but if it has the same level of quality control it should be OK.

cyclistm
    Free Member

bump for the evening crew

stumpy01

Dunno if Nikko are still going, but they used to make good ‘toy’ rc cars. Some of them had speed limiter switches I seem to remember so you could ‘turn it down’ for the littlun’.

Rubber-Duck

Bought my son a Maverick ion 1/18 scale rtr. Less than £100 and it’s been great. It fits your requirements perfectly I reckon. You can find some u tube clips of it in action if you want to check it out. One really useful feature is that you can set the max speed of the car so your youngster can learn how to use it without it being too much of a handful. I bought an extra battery pack so I could take it for thrash when my boy was tucked up in bed. 😉

HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a couple of remote control cars’ is closed to new replies.