Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a cook book please
  • crankinirish
    Free Member

The Dr told me I have high Cholesterol, its 150 and should be around 100. I’m not overweight, I’m fit, I dont smoke and I’m only 34. He reckons I can get it down with changes to my diet.
    Can anyone recommend me a good cook/recepie book with quick healthy meals. Not interested in fad diets. I do eat meat but would be willing to try a veggie cook book if the meals are tasty.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Rose Elliot’s Bean Book for bean and pulses recipes

crankinirish
    Free Member

I will have a look at that. Beans and pulses are supposed to be good for lowering cholesterol. Apart from beans on toast and the odd burrito I dont really eat enough.

spacemonkey

What have you been eating/drinking/doing to cause high col in the first place?

binners

Definitely don’t check out my other thread about it being British Cheese Week then. Also don’t buy anything by Nigel Slater.

The Slimming World cookery books are full of low fat recipes that you’d never know were low fat recipes.

Taff
    Free Member

Jamie’s 30 minute meals – a lot of the stuff in there is pretty good for you according to the mrs. I love pretty much everything in it which is rare!

spacemonkey

Jamie’s 30 minute meals

Quality recipes, but many of them demand a lot of tidying/washing up = 30 mins easily become 60+.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

BBC Good Food 101 Low Fat Feasts.

Excellent easy to cook recipes.

You might also check out 101 More One Pot Dishes, not totally low fat. low cholesterol but you can apply common sense to substitute ingedients on the do not eat list. One pot = low hassle and little washing up.

organic355
    Free Member

Taff
    Free Member

Jamie’s 30 minute meals

Quality recipes, but many of them demand a lot of tidying/washing up = 30 mins easily become 60+. [/quote]

Got the curry dish to 30mins!!! I have a dishwasher so not so worried nowadays!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cook book please’ is closed to new replies.