Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a commuting tyre
  • jonb
    Free Member

Mine split on the way to work this morning 🙁 So this is my first what tyre thread (I think)!

1.75" roughly.

Year round tread, puncture resitant (preferably with stip/lining rather than just a good rep).

Cheap ish £15 per tyre.

Have had some panaracer thingies before but I forgot what they were. My current tyres are Michelin and rubbish in anything but the dry and have now failed after about a year. Continental options any good? Don't think I want to pay for the Schwalbe ones that everybody always recommends.

DaveGr
    Free Member

No idea what I've got on at the moment but have used Continentals in the past and they've been very good.

zaskar
    Free Member

Scwalbe tyres.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

just put Scwalbe CX tires on my youring bike, they'r ace 🙂

For MTB comuting, whatever lets me have fun att he weekend too.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Michelin Country Rock (no lie) have been good to me.

Surfr
    Free Member

You might like the Conti 26 x 1.2 Ultragatorskin unless you really need 1.7s. I run the 26 x 1.2 Grand Prix on mine and they are awesomely fast. The Ultragatorskins have extra puncture protection, and that might be worthwhile as my GPs punctured on my 3rd ever commute. Probably just bad luck but worth thinking about.

g6dcs
    Free Member

I've used Continetal Travel Contact tyres, come with a free inner tube and a 1 year guarantee against punctures!!! Think they are a bit more than £15 each though! Been pleased with them and had no punctures so far!

Pieface

I got Schwalbe Marathons for £15 each. No punctures in 3 years and are fine for dry off-roading.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a commuting tyre’ is closed to new replies.