Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Recommend me a…. Bottle cage
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

My new frame has bottle cage mounts so now I can go full enduro and not wear a pack.

So which bottle cage won’t allow bottles to fall out of it, preferably cheaply?

santacoops
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

I just use a cheap as chips decathlon alloy one. About a quid.
    Give it a bit of a bend in towards the frame before you put the bottle in and it holds the bottle as tight as you could hope for.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I bought one in Tesco, it was black, light and it’s never lost a bottle in 5 years of road biking. I liked it so much I spent another £1.99 and had 2 on my bike.

Tom KP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve ridden BPW and Antur with a bottle in Spesh Zee cage. No droppage. Nice side entry which can help on bouncy bikes.

onandon
    Free Member

This was find last week.

SirHC

Specialized Zee Cage (side loading) and Specialized Bottles, I find that if you mismatch makes of cages/bottles the fit/security is not as good.

ossify

Elite Custom Race bottle cage
    Nice and grippy, I have it on a hardtail so it gets bashed about, not lost a bottle yet 🙂

Comes in loads of colours, costs around £7-8
    Lots on ebay, I found it cheapest in Halfords but they only have it in white now if that’s any good.

rossburton
    Free Member

The Fabric cageless bottle is *awesome*.

justaname
    Free Member

+1 on the fabric cageless bottle

faustus

Lezyne powercage is meant to be good. I have a PDW bird cage, and it’s nice and works well.

Bez

I find that a large Camelbak Podium in a Specialized Rib Cage is secure to the point of almost being hard to remove.

But if you want cheap, get a bog standard metal one and give it a decent bend towards the frame so that it grips tighter.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Thanks all, plenty to look at! My mates use 40 quid cageless bottles, they kept loosing the fabric ones

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Elite Cannibal for MTB. £6.99 on Wiggle, Evans price match. Vice like grip, too my hucking and rock bashing and stair rattling in its stride with a full bottle, no ejecting. Impressed.

lunge

2nd Elite Cannibal, I have the Custom on my road bikes but prefer the cannibal for rougher stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cannibal on the gnarmac bike. Very good, but not as secure as a Zee. Always with Camelbak Podium bottles, of course.

otsdr
    Free Member

Tacx Deva; very solid and available in quite a few colors.

DezB
    Free Member

Actually, i agree with wicki 😛

wicki
    Free Member

omg 🙄

BillOddie

But if you want cheap, get a bog standard metal one and give it a decent bend towards the frame so that it grips tighter.

This…

superfli
    Free Member

The original Spesh Rib Cage.
    I recently dug up my old (mid 90s) one and am using that, its so good, I found another on ebay and bought that for my other bike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201534035187?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The plastic decathlon one has been holding my decathlon tool bottle with not a single problem.

bensales
    Free Member

Sir HC – Member
    Specialized Zee Cage (side loading) and Specialized Bottles, I find that if you mismatch makes of cages/bottles the fit/security is not as good.

You’re not kidding. My Epic came with a carbon pair (left and right) of these. I can’t get a bottle in them to save my life when I’m riding. £50 each apparently! They’re shit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Elite custom or Specialized rib cage, both hold bottles securely and weigh sod all.

PDW bird cage on the steel HT though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For full endurognarr, with a built in multitool

Stevelol
    Free Member

Fabric cageless, doesnt look crap when you’re not using a bottle.

schmiken

King Cage Iris.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Fabric all the way. I don’t know how anyone can ruin the look of their “enduro rig” with a normal bottle cage. I would rather die of dehydration than suffer the humiliation.
    In all seriousness the fabric bottle is brilliant. I can’t get it to fall off no matter how hard I try and it’s unnoticeable when there is no bottle mounted.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Oh, I like the idea of the multi tool incorporated, anyone else make one?

Does the swat thingy with tube and cannister fit to normal bottle bosses?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a…. Bottle cage’ is closed to new replies.