Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a BMX
  • Archaic
    Free Member

Hiya all, my bro is looking at getting a new BMX. He’s only 13 but only looking for something for small jumps and generally larking around on. Any suggestions as a good starting bike for approx £250?

qwerty
    Free Member

stretch to a Fit?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

try bmxtalk.co.uk – guys there helped me no end when i was trying to suss out a bike for my lad.

for deals winstanleysbmx.co.uk and alans (can’t recall the domain) seem to have good deals on older models.

Archaic
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up – been looking at this at mo –
    Ruption Quantum No idea on Fit?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

My eastern ace of spades yours for £250 posted, very good nick with dmr mag 12 pedals

mike_check
    Free Member

don’t think you can go far wrong with this;

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=10953&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3

Sealed bearing BB & 3pc cranks. Salt finishing kit (WTP in house kit) is all up to standard. Otherwise would look towards the ‘bigger’ brands, same as in MTB for entry level, so GT and Haro etc would be worth a look.

mike_check
    Free Member

Also, that Ruption is well spec’d for the money, there may not be as much ‘respect’ tied to the brand but I don’t see anything wrong with that bike, and a £400 rrp bike for £250 ish is pretty good!

qwerty
    Free Member
    Archaic
    Free Member

Mr Frosty can you send me some pics as he is all about the colour (being only 13) to my e-mail see my details for info. Could well be interested tho. Being a lot older than him and knowing nothing about BMX’s means my advice is pitiful so thanks again all.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i wouldnt use winstanleys they can be a bit risky, check out mirraco disrubuted by trek these days

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

£250 a bit cheap for top kit, but you could get a lot second hand for that. You’d want someone with you who knows what they’re looking at though as they can be battered and bruised.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a BMX’ is closed to new replies.