Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recomend me an 18 / 20 litre hydration pack.
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Looking for a new pack to replace my very ageing Bergaus pack. Its been very good holds loads of stuff with seperate compartment for tools etc.
    What I would like is 18 litre capacity / 3 litre bladder nice wide waist strap with the pockets at the end for camera etc. Different compartments for tools dry cloths etc.
    Thinking of a Camel back Hawg A lezyne Adroit etc. Open to other brands.
    Any recomendations?

charliedontsurf

Hawgs are great.

takisawa2

When I first read the title I thought christ, that’s a lot of water to carry.

rwc03
    Free Member

Osprey raptor?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Looked at the osprey packs in a local shop and thought they didnt have many seperate pockets etc.

MarkyG82

I use a berghaus freeflow for my big pack. Like yours has lasted a while and wouldn’t hesitate replacing it like for like. Unfortunately it doesn’t cover all of your requirements so I’ll shut up now 🙂

Neil-F
    Free Member

Ospreys are good, my riding buddy has one.
    I use a Salomon XA20 with a 2 or 3 litre bladder when I need to carry more stuff. In fact I used this for a 3 day West Highland Way bike trip in May and it was superb.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/salomon-xa-20-backpack/

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Salomon pack looks good.

jamiec360
    Free Member

I’ve got a cracking Halti day sack I got skiing in Finland has an elastic acted section across the inside of the back of the pack that takes the antidote bladder from my mule and a headphone flap (not one of the plastic grommet things) I can feed the tube through works a treat if I need a bit more space.

That said I can normally get everything I need in my mule anyway.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cheers for the info, I have an original mule that I use sometimes but find it too small for a (wet) day out in the lakes. Ends up stuffed like a balloon! The Big old Berghaus is much better for size. I do like some of the features of the Osprey packs just thought it lacked internal dividers / pockets.

deadkenny
    Free Member

When I first read the title I thought christ, that’s a lot of water to carry.

Likewise 😯

But yeah, HAWG. Holds 3 litres water, tools, pump, small top and I can get an SLR camera in there!

No idea how much litreage of storage that is though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me an 18 / 20 litre hydration pack.’ is closed to new replies.