Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recomend me a small light self inflating/blow up bivvying/camping bed.
  • singlespeedstu

Please. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

http://pacoutdoor.com/sleeping-pads/view/peak-elite-ac

Not self-inflating but, TBH, none of them really are.

d45yth
    Free Member

Have a look on Biketreks’ website, they’re selling Pacific Outdoor mats with up to half off.

ElShalimo

like druidh’s suggestion but slightly older model
    here

Houns

Just use a phat tyre inner tube?

Oh, you said lightweight 😀

honeybadgerx

There’s always the good old balloon bed trick…

Or the tried and tested Thermarest, at the pricey end of the spectrum but they’re well made and do last.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Balloon be if you want to entertain your mates with your bed popping in the night

Thermarest neoair if you want a good night sleep !

Can et away with a lighter sleeping bag with the neoair in my experiance

ElShalimo

as per

d45yth – Member

above
    http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/1101/sleeping_mats.aspx

I have a POE mat and it’s very good

doh
    Free Member

Exped ul7 bit heavier than a neoair but cheaper and comfier(on a shop floor at least)

singlespeedstu

Thank to all posters so far.
    The POE stuff on Bike Treks seems too much of a bargain to miss.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Word of caution on the Peak Elite: it’s very comfortable, lightweight and good value *but* there are issues with the reliability of at least one batch. Google turns up a number of people here and in the US who had problems with recurrent leaks. I loved mine when I got it but on two of the three occasions I used it in anger (bivvy trips to the Peak District in December and the Berwyns in March) it deflated. I tried using the repair kit provided and fixed one leak in the seam but the leaks kept appearing. After two very cold and uncomfortable nights out I decided to cut my losses and returned it / replaced with a Neoair. From Cotswold’s response it didn’t seem like this problem came as any surprise to them.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

?

singlespeedstu

She looks a bit deflated. Were you a bit of a dissapointment for her? 😉

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

And that’s before she’s even seen what I’m packing in the downstairs department 🙁

AngusWells

I spent a highly amusing night on the Polaris once listening to balloon beds bursting as their restless users turned over in the night.

Alpkit are always good value and they offer a comparison of their mats against some of the others that are available:

http://www.alpkit.com/sleeping-mats/sleepzone3

mountainman

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-ultralite-lightweight-sleeping-mat-p143703
    I use one of these excellent value and light enough for me,easy to use add couple of puffs and your away.

MSP

It looks like thermarest have brought out some newer versions of the neoiar, and have rebranded the origional ones as neoair trecker, which they are knocking out a good chunk cheaper, still not a cheap option mind but I dont think any of the competition can compete on weight packsize and warmth.

singlespeedstu

It’ll be to replace an Alpkit Airo 180 that someone has just put two holes and a 5cm tear in. 😐

Del

‘someone’ eh?
    nothing but trouble, that one, you mark my words.
    look at the exped stuff. no personal experience but they come highly recommended.

singlespeedstu

😆 @ Del.

Apparently it fell onto the top of the electric toothbrush and got speared by the metal spikey bit.

She was “trying to help” though. 😡

snipswhispers
    Free Member

last time I looked, ‘aerobed uk’ were selling their travel mattress half price.

the mattress seems deep enough and its container doubles as its pump.

best of all though, no pvc.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a small light self inflating/blow up bivvying/camping bed.’ is closed to new replies.