Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recomend me a cheap GPS
  • GEDA
    Free Member

I wanted one to use with an physical map for the Alps. One that I could load up a route on to then it would show my relative position on the route between way points and my actual position. Whats the cheapest that is strong enough for biking and best for the money?

majk

I use an eTrex H. About 60 quid IIRC. Can do more or less exactly what you describe, only downside might be limited number of waypoints (max 128 per route).

clubber
    Free Member

Garmin Etrex H again. Cheap, work very well and do all the main things except for showing a map on screen.

GEDA
    Free Member

SO no map but your route? Sounds good. Do you need special software to create the route or can you do it with free stuff, say google maps?

clubber
    Free Member

No need for software – I usually use bikely (uses google maps) or various other free websites that are out there and will generate gpx files.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I have a Garmin GPS60 I could be tempted to sell if you're interested. Does everything you need and has the fantastic advantage of having a USB connection. will work with Google earth/map my ride/anything else that has GPX format. email me if you're interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a cheap GPS’ is closed to new replies.