Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Reccomend me some flat pedals please :)
  • Olly
    Free Member

The Other, didnt get on with her SPDs, so has gone with some 510s instead, however the crap pedals she had are shockingly crap and have no grip whatsoever.

what flat pedals would the panel reccomend for light XC duties? (shes only ickle)

options i have are:

Wellgo V8s: roughish, but last ages and CHEAP.
    Shimano DX pedals: a bit heavy and expensive, but quite simply the best there is. (as i understand it)

anything else anyone has had good experience of.

big_scot_nanny

I'll get in first before someone else… welgo MG1s off of ebay. like V12s, mag body, light, and with 510s pretty mucha perfect combo. like being clipped in except if you puul your foot up. Amazing.

might have got some of those crazy thing canfield ones if I was a more flush!

Kev

big_scot_nanny

Jesus, sorry for all the typos!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

Wellgo MG 1.
    V. Light.
    V grippy.
    Cheap(ish)

Got 'em on both my bikes,

A

grumm
    Free Member

Superstar Nano Tech Flats – much better than the MG1s I have on the other bike imo. Thin profile, very grippy and not too heavy.

saxabar
    Free Member

Sunline V1s for me, although perhaps a tad overkill for light XC duties: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19267

I quite like these: Slimline but wide, perfect for 5-10's

ryanwhite12000
    Free Member

Gusset slim jims, cheap good grip and thin.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Shimano DX pedals: a bit heavy and expensive, but quite simply the best there is. (as i understand it)

Not that heavy and more than enough grip with 5-10's for anything except possibly serious downhill. Fit and forget, no maintenance like V8's etc

mackie
    Free Member

Another vote for Superstar Nano Tech Flats. That's what I'll be getting for my next bike.

el_creedo
    Free Member

+1 on the DX's – and they aren't heavy, have a look at their weight compared to, say Crank Bros 50:50's!
    Also – have a look at Sanderson's magnesium flatties, good value, british – and the pins are a more sensible design than most.

lyons
    Free Member

I have a pair of Easton flatboy pedals for sale… They are lovely and grippy, but I just like spds and they are overkill for my bmx.., interested?

poppa
    Free Member

I used these for a while, and they were brilliant:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19213

Half the price of DX and 10g lighter! Woohoo!

Having said that, Wellgo make a whole bunch of good pedals, just make a choice based on weight/bearings/looks etc.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=wellgo

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Burgtech, not light but even with 'normal' skate shoes I'd proabbly be coutning the number of times I've had a foot come off in single figures, and thats on a hardtail!

Quite simply brilliant (and the new ones are even lighter).

Anyone want some MK2 burtechs half price? Bearings/bushings still almost perfect.

dans160
    Free Member

DMR V12s are good. Used them for years but I have just started using Point1 Podiums which are very nice indeed.

epicyclo

Ordinary track pattern pedals, and ride with shoes that have a knobbly sole. Gives great grip, better than falt pedals IMO.

Works for me and don't get problems when it's muddy.

donks
    Free Member

+1 for superstar nano's. Mine have been on over a year and used everyday and still smooth.

jamesca
    Free Member

superstar nano's i bought them because i wanted blue pedals and didn't have straitline money, can honestly say the best pedal i've used.

well they are only 2 rides old, but thus far

SammyC
    Free Member

+1 for superstar nano's, very nice tacky feel without being too grippy (i.e. it gets difficult to reposition your foot easily). MG1s are great but an overkill for XC.

Plus nanos come in lots of funky colours.

retro83
    Free Member

+1 on ss nano.

cinnamon_girl

Straitlines or Funn Soljams.

Much much better than DX's, IMO.

ryan_c

+1 Wellgo MG1, had em or a while great pedal but the finish is poor so as long as you don't mind them looking scruffy they're sound.
    V8's again great and loads of colour options for matching to the bike.

But all time favourite 24 Butterfly pedals, i've never known anything like em! try and get a second hand pair they're just amazing!

MSP

v8's if your on a budget
    dx's for a bit more cash, and less maintenance.
    straitlines for a lot more cash and to look cool riding round the car park.

I use dx's on my commuter, and straitlines on my DH bike

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

+1 Wellgo MG1's
    My favourite pedals ever is 24 Bicycles Toaster pedals, can't get 'em anymore tho 🙁

On a budget – Wellgo MG1
    No expense spared – Burgtec Penthouse Flats

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Straitlines..

Awesome bits of Kit. :mrgreen:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Superstar nanotechs. Had mine for quite a while now and there still dead smooth, no play in them and they aint been serviced. Plus they were dead cheap.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

MG 1's, i love my new graphite grey ones.

MadBillMcMad

she might appreciate some shin pad protection until she is used to them. the scars 'aint pretty and hurt a tad.

some footy shin pads will do the job if you do not want full on protection

jfeb
    Free Member

MG1's. Cheap-ish and v light

aphex_2k
    Free Member

MG1's on one bike and DX's on t'other.

The DX's feel solid. Never really given them a second thought. Just put them on and put the big pins in.

MG1's because the do the job, perfectly. Grippy as, and uber cheap from eBay.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me some flat pedals please :)’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts