Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Reccomend me a decent packable waterproof..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Please…

As this fine spring weather is doing my bulb in..

🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Budget?

druidh
    Free Member

Gore Fusion GT AS.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Might be a bit roadie for what you’re after and possibly more showerproof than fully rainproof but I’ve just ordered one of these…

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mavic/helium-jacket-ec018340

Reduced from £80 to £40 plus an extra 15% off if you use code SSV12…

Can’t comment any further yet as only ordered this evening!

GrahamS

Just got an email that the howies Brenin jacket is now available for £69 if you use the code BREN69

No idea how good it is but they promise free return if you don’t like it, so maybe worth a look?

http://news.howies.co.uk/6IA-S8IX-3EOYDERB0/cr.aspx

Northwind

Montane do some incredibly packable ones, they’re not as good as a heavier duty waterproof but they’re tiny… Mine is more useful than my better waterproof just because I’m more likely to have it with me when it rains.

Philby

Montane do some incredibly packable ones, they’re not as good as a heavier duty waterproof but they’re tiny… Mine is more useful than my better waterproof just because I’m more likely to have it with me when it rains.

+1

Rolls up to slightly larger than a tennis ball and will protect against a shower though is more limited with proper rainfall.

damo2576
    Free Member

Assos Climaschutz?

oddjob
    Free Member

Something made of goretex paclite if you want proper waterproofing, otherwise pertex keeps the wind off and helps a bit with rain.

Do you want a cycling specific one or just a general waterproof?

Drac

I have a montane one, well 2, they’re very portable but only good light showers. Heavy rain just gets straight through.

johnhe

I bought an Endura Crosslite and am well impressed with it’s breathability and waterproofness.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member
    Budget?

None… Just after sommething descent..

anonymouse
    Free Member

Finisterre anabatic 2. Very good.

peachos
    Free Member

+1
    Rolls up to slightly larger than a tennis ball and will protect against a shower though is more limited with proper rainfall.

+2

I have this one. Has been good so far, not noticed what Drac says.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=64619

jam-bo

Might be a bit roadie for what you’re after and possibly more showerproof than fully rainproof but I’ve just ordered one of these…

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mavic/helium-jacket-ec018340

Reduced from £80 to £40 plus an extra 15% off if you use code SSV12…

Can’t comment any further yet as only ordered this evening!

thanks for that. ordered one as well. bargin…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Not sure what the weather is like near you, but it’s so wet where I live that my waterproofs don’t need to be pack-able

snax

If just got a Haglofs Endo Jacket and had it away touring this week, very nice…. breaths well, even pulling a heavy load uphill… chops the wind out, folds away and the hood will go over or under the lid…

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mavic Creek with some very nifty bike specific features.

The front zip is actually a two layered zip. If you zip both up, it’s totally wterproof. Unzip the outer layer and it opens up an inch wide mesh at the front (as far down as you want it by pulling the zipper up or down).

It’s got underarm pits.
    The back expands with two vertical zips on each side of the back, which means you can wear your thin cambelback etc underneath the jacket as opposed to above it (if you got a sweaty back like me, having it under is much nicer). These backzips basically just works as an expander, so it doesn’t open up into your body…ehnm…so to speak.

This however only does go on when it pours down. I’m looking at something in between when it’s raining lightly (which will get you wet in the end) but you don’t want the very warm sweaty feeling of a proper hardshell.

I lurvs mine. Pricey though.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

The North Face has got some some of Pertex thing with mesh at the back and front and arms but I’m unsure what material it is.

I don’t think the mesh would make you any wetter than the sweat build up. Or maybe that’s just me trying to rationalize it so I can buy it….

jimmers
    Free Member

+3 for the Montane Velocity DT 2.0 Jacket.

Very waterproof, not as breathable as Event (but this is subjective as any jacket is not breathable enough) but very light and rolls up small.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a decent packable waterproof..’ is closed to new replies.